Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
No clue.

I see they have failed to innovate once again...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I saw a post on instagram and facebook fromRecoil magazine on this. They referenced an annoucement from Springfield dated for later this month. I looked on the SA website also and didnt see anything. I would love to see one of these in 10mm to compete with the G30.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
14 +1 .... and the Hellcat carries 13+1 ???..... Not sure if the "Elite" goodies and the one extra round would actually do anything to make this more attractive than the "standard" XDM 3.8"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got the email ad.

And another gun I can’t get because I live in CA.

Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
14 +1 .... and the Hellcat carries 13+1 ???..... Not sure if the "Elite" goodies and the one extra round would actually do anything to make this more attractive than the "standard" XDM 3.8"
Looks like it is competing with the Glock 26. Similar size but more ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, they no longer make the old standard XDM 3.8 compact.

Glad they brought it back in this form. The traditional "compact" double-stacks are kind of dinosaurs, but there is still definitely utility in having a compact and full size that are magazine- and parts-compatible.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What's to stop me from buying the removable magwell and the new 14rd mags for my "old" XDM compact?

Looks like everything fits.

I ask Springfield Armory about XDm mags in the Elite and this is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting Springfield Armory. No, the XDM magazines do not fit the XDM Elite due to the magazine well."

So, I'm assuming, the XDm Elite mags will not fit the XDm. :unsure:

·
Registered
5 Posts

"Thank you for contacting Springfield Armory. No, the XDM magazines do not fit the XDM Elite due to the magazine well."

Well, it makes sense that the XDM 13r mags wont fit with the magwell b/c they're shorter. They look like they will fit without the magwell.

The 14r Elite mag seems like it will fit if you put the magwell on the old XDM.. or just let it stick out a bit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got mine today. Took it to the range and ran a couple dozen rounds through it. No failures, as accurate as I am.
I had the XDm .40, compact, a little too big so I sold it and bought a Ruger EC9s. Always missed the XD, the Ruger only holds 7, and seems to recoil more, so I sold it. I've been looking for the replacement, I think I found it! My only issue is loading the mags. I guess it's time for one of those ulula loaders.

Reactions: Deadduck357

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got mine today. Took it to the range and ran a couple dozen rounds through it. No failures, as accurate as I am.
I had the XDm .40, compact, a little too big so I sold it and bought a Ruger EC9s. Always missed the XD, the Ruger only holds 7, and seems to recoil more, so I sold it. I've been looking for the replacement, I think I found it! My only issue is loading the mags. I guess it's time for one of those ulula loaders.
Safe to assume the grip width is practically the same as the old XDm compact?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Probably, it's a double stack, so....
I'm looking for a holster now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that a few months ago all XDM's in 9mm disappeared from SA website? The XDM Elites are on the site but not XDM 9mm's. With the addition of the XDM Elite 3.8 in 9mm it seems like SA is trying to replace the XDM with the XDM Elite as their premium level offering in the XD line while phasing out the XDM. If this assessment is true it kind of makes sense. Nearly everyone who bought an XDM either paid for or wished they had all of the upgrades that eventually came out on the Elites.

·
Registered
12 Posts

?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that a few months ago all XDM's in 9mm disappeared from SA website? The XDM Elites are on the site but not XDM 9mm's. With the addition of the XDM Elite 3.8 in 9mm it seems like SA is trying to replace the XDM with the XDM Elite as their premium level offering in the XD line while phasing out the XDM. If this assessment is true it kind of makes sense. Nearly everyone who bought an XDM either paid for or wished they had all of the upgrades that eventually came out on the Elites.
It's all in their plan....

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts