Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished watching all the videos on the XD(m) on the SA website. On the video that they talk about the case, Rob mentions that it comes with a carrying strap for the case. Mine didn't have a strap with it. Did any of you get a strap with your XD(M)?

P

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hmmmmmm....you missed the DVD. I believe the video shows how they use to come. I did not get the strap nor the DVD inside the case of my new .40 XDm. I did email Springfield asking about the DVD and they sent me one. It is less than one hour long with about half of it talking about the features and the other half is instructional.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well then they ought to take down that video! At least maybe I can get the DVD out of them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
No strap or DVD with mine either. However, it did have a small envelope that was sealed (still unopened) but feels like it has an empty .40 casing in it. Is this provided by SA for those jurisdictions that do registration and/or "fingerprinting" using fired casings?

Alchemist77

·
Registered
463 Posts
No strap or DVD with mine either. was sealed (still unopened) but feels like it has an empty .40 casing in it.
Alchemist77
You mean the one with the initials across the flap that my wife opened up?

·
Registered
144 Posts
No strap or DVD with mine either. However, it did have a small envelope that was sealed (still unopened) but feels like it has an empty .40 casing in it. Is this provided by SA for those jurisdictions that do registration and/or "fingerprinting" using fired casings?

Alchemist77
That is correct. It is for state law-enforcement organizations that require a spent casing to be added to their inventory for future crime-solving issues, where they can compare fired cases at a crime scene with what they have in their inventory.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
However, it did have a small envelope that was sealed (still unopened) but feels like it has an empty .40 casing in it. Is this provided by SA for those jurisdictions that do registration and/or "fingerprinting" using fired casings?
Yep, that be it, but that don't be you.

Last I knew it was NY, NJ, and MD, although there may be others now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No DVD, No strap, but they are sending me the DVD on request...

As far as reconfiguring the case, take out (all the JUNK) pull the foam from the bottom and most Laptops with a 15inch screen fit in like a charm, mine does... The case is really, really sweet - The case alone must cost about $50

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have bought about a dozen pistols over the years. The case that came with my XDm 9 is by the far the finest ever. Quality pistol and a great case, plus love the free mag deal going on.

I did not receive the strap or DVD, but don't really need either. I don't think I would ever use the strap.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I just took a felt tip pen marked the outline of my XDM40 with Viridian Green Laser attached, box knived the line, and the gun with laser attached fits like a glove. Bought my gun back in Sept......so I missed the mag deal.......bought two extras from SA @ $29.00 ea.:cry:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I emailed SA about the DVD on Monday and got it in the mail on Wednesday. Haven't watched much of it, but there seems to be some decent stuff on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts