Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard anything on whether or not Springfield Armory will release the XD(m) in .45acp? If they are, is there any word as to when?

·
Registered
250 Posts
One of these days...when they have nothing better to do...eventually
If you buy a regular XD they'll probably bring out the "M" 45 the next day. :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have and XD-.45acp 4" service model as illustrated in my signature. I just wanna have both and both in .45acp.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Don't be surprised to see it at this years shot show - that's usually when you see big changes. That will put a huge DENT in Glock 21 sales for sure-

·
Registered
554 Posts
One of these days...when they have nothing better to do...eventually
If you buy a regular XD they'll probably bring out the "M" 45 the next day. :p
hehe ... I had read somewhere that a Springfield CSR said "2009, but no dates have been set yet" ... however, if the gap between the release of the .40 cal and the 9mm is any indication then maybe May or June.

Looking forward to it greatly, myself.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Although, I personally think (with the right round) .40 is a better defense round I can understand the desire for the .45. I will be seeking to purchase one as well. I currently have the G21SF but will unload that in a heartbeat to UPGRADE to an XDm in .45 ...

Just the Match grade barrel is enough for me to move on one and the price will be pretty similar to the G21 I'll bet -:cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
The bigger issue is what mag will it use? I would suspect it will take a regular xd 45 mag since the M models are built with the xd 45 frame. The biggest issue even for the 9mm will be getting enough mags if a ban goes into place in 2009. If the XDm 45 comes out with a different mag and comes out late then the appeal of it dies. I would rather just buy a regular xd45 an be able to get mags for it. I am tempted to buy xd45 highcaps and just sit on them in the event I need them in the future.

Dave

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well - in the unlikely event that would happen how bad will it be to have 10 round mags anyway :wink:

The whole appeal of the M is the match barrel and interchangeable backstraps ...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think a lot. I just ordered 10 mags for the xd 45 and I don't have one right now. I figure I can always get my money back out of them if I do not end up with a xd 45.

Its only money right?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I've got an XD45 4" and also a 5". I also have three AGP mag extensions. So I have two XDs that are 16 round .45s.

If they make the XDm 45 with a flush fitting mag and 15 rounds of .45? I'll probably have to buy it anyway.

PS - When I ordered the AGP mags, I ordered 2, they sent me 3. They only charged me for 2. I called them about it, they said they'd call me back, they never called me back. I'm thinking of giving away the other one as a Karma present possibly.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If they make the XDm 45 with a flush fitting mag and 15 rounds of .45? I'll probably have to buy it anyway.

That makes two of us. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts