Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a XD(M)-9 4.5 already but thinking about getting a XD(M)-40 5.25. Have only held one, and have a blue gun, it just feels far superior to the Glock 35. If you hold them side by side, it just feels completely superior in just about every way.

Just don't know if that holds up for range work at around 25 yards where the Glock 35 I find really shines. It seems like the pricing of the two brands begin to converge at these models. So, what is the draw back besides a little larger compared to the Glock 35?

All we got is the Blue Gun at the moment. Has to be one of the sexiest guns alive! (a real one, not the blue gun)

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have shot the Glock 34 (9mm) and Springfield XDm 5.25 (9mm) side by side. I own the Springfield. I shot a lot better with the XDm then I did with the 34. Another reason why I bought the XDm. Feels better in my hand. Less recoil(in my mind), bigger magazine, 17/19.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes. On both. The Glock has a Vanek trigger. My Springfield XDm has a PRP Ultimate. Both very nice but I am not really a trigger loving guy. I lean more towards the original parts that come with the firearm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True...I am happy to be at least 50% fast as Jerry Miculek. A 5.25 .40 just went for $600 used but never fired on Gunbroker !! Getting close for time to buy.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I got my 5.25" 9mm for $250.. It's nice to have a lotttt of military friends. He shot about 225 rounds and decided he didn't want it anymore. Came with all the XDm gear/suitcase, 2 boxes of 50 rounds, and extra mags. (total of 6 magazines.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts