Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody had converted thier XD40 to 357 sig. I was thinking of doing it and was wondering if anybody else had done this. What are the benifits/ drawbacks? Any and all input would be helpful. Thanks .

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was wondering if anybody had converted thier XD40 to 357 sig. I was thinking of doing it and was wondering if anybody else had done this. What are the benefits/ drawbacks? Any and all input would be helpful. Thanks .
I am planning on doing the same thing after shooting my buddy's Sig chambered in .357 SIG. Good thing is you can continue to use your existing .40 magazines. Only drawbacks I can think of is higher cost of ammo and a louder report/brighter flash when firing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha!! I know 357 Sig Ammo runs a little more, but I'm an Android fan myself. Thanks for the two cents. If and when I do it, I'll post my results. Money is a bit on the svarce side right now.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I have a Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel for my XDm 5.25. It has been very accurate and have not had a single FTF/FTE on it, although I have only shot 150 rounds or so thru it. On the accuracy side, it was not impressed with the Winchester FMJ, but did like the the Gold Dots and the Lawman TMJ's.

I really do notice the extra blast over the .40: not so much the recoil, just the extra noise and blast.

Bowser

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I was wondering if anybody had converted thier XD40 to 357 sig. I was thinking of doing it and was wondering if anybody else had done this. What are the benifits/ drawbacks? Any and all input would be helpful. Thanks .
I have conversion barrels for both my xd 40 and my glock 22,both work fine and since i reload the ammo is not a problem.

don

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have conversion barrels for both my xd 40 and my glock 22,both work fine and since i reload the ammo is not a problem.

don

Where were you able to find a conversion barrel for your XD40? I've been looking online and all I've found are for the XDm. I'd like to try it in the pistol I have now to see if I like it before I invest in another firearm.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Would not be a good home defense load then. Firing it in a home would probably not be too good on the ears. I wonder how loud it would be with a suppressor. I personally never fired a .357 sig.

I have a Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel for my XDm 5.25. It has been very accurate and have not had a single FTF/FTE on it, although I have only shot 150 rounds or so thru it. On the accuracy side, it was not impressed with the Winchester FMJ, but did like the the Gold Dots and the Lawman TMJ's.

I really do notice the extra blast over the .40: not so much the recoil, just the extra noise and blast.

Bowser

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Would not be a good home defense load then. Firing it in a home would probably not be too good on the ears. I wonder how loud it would be with a suppressor. I personally never fired a .357 sig.

Firing any full power self defense load in doors is very hard on the hearing, .357 sig is no different then a hot 9mm.

don

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Had an ND of my XD-40 in a bathroom, no lasting hearing effects. In fact I don't remember any effects at all once the ruckus died down.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I prefer a .45 for HD. If the .357 is noticeably louder then a .40 I would think it would be quite a bit louder then the 9 also. I never shot any +p rounds out of my 9 either though since it is my range gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts