Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatever happened with the XD-M 3.8 9mm Compact? I don't see SA offering it anymore? Did they replace it with the XD-M Elite 3.8? I was out shooted last weekend and a friend of liked shooting mine and was interested in one. He was unable to find it on SA's website. I'm like um.....interesting. I like the interchangeable mags with my XD-M 4.5 Full Size 9mm and he said they don't have that one either and looks to now be XD-M Elite 4.5...damn its been a minute since I've been on XD Talk and looked at handguns. I guess when you own a bunch and they serve the purpose you just don't track what's changing, and a lot has changed.

Thx

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like SA discontinued XD-M 3.8 Compact sometime back in 2019, probably for the Hellcat's pending release and consolidating the XD-M & Elite lines to full-size grips.
XDM 3.8 compact discontinued?

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
I had heard the 3.8 is discontinued. Sad... great gun.

·
Registered
299 Posts
And now, Springfield Armory has released the Elite version of the XDM 3.8 compact. 😃

·
Registered
586 Posts
Just broke down and bought the XD-M 3.8" Compact OSP yesterday!! Also bought a HoloSun Reflex Sight. Wow! So many features. Will have to wait 10 days to hold it though!

Replacing my current XD-M 3.8" Compact since I really wanted a red dot sight. Eye sight is not what it used to be. All black...my current one is bi-tone.

Once the new carry is broken in, I'll be selling the current carry and accessories.

Can't find a IWB holster yet for it :(
Also, Springfield went very cheap - not on the price! It comes in a cardboard box and a soft pack that holds only the gun. Only 2 14-rd mags, nothing else :( Sad...I have the cases for all the XD's...and have sold ones with the full setup. Oh well...

Can't wait! Had to order the OSP mounting plate straight from Springfield as it's too new for LGS' to carry them. Oh, my LGS got one in yesterday and I had just gotten the OK from the Boss, and started checking yesterday and was surprised - 4 LGS calls had nothing...

Peace,
Michael J.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Just broke down and bought the XD-M 3.8" Compact OSP yesterday!! Also bought a HoloSun Reflex Sight. Wow! So many features. Will have to wait 10 days to hold it though!

Replacing my current XD-M 3.8" Compact since I really wanted a red dot sight. Eye sight is not what it used to be. All black...my current one is bi-tone....
You could have had your existing XDM machined and added a RDS to it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wait. There’s another Michael J on here? SWEET. Now, if your last name is also Johnson… 😃
Howdy...it's not my last name, so no worries :)

I like my new XD-M Elite, and now with a Holosun Red Dot, but SA really skimped out on giving you anything extra - the sights don't co-witness, so they're useless with a red dot; No hard case; only 2 - 13 round mags; no cleaning items; no nothin!! Sad...

Peace,
Michael J.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently found a NOS 3.8 XDM on Gunbroker. Spent case shell is dated 2010 so it must have been on a shelf for a while. I would have preferred the 4.5, but the gun I got is a Bitone and just love the way it looks. Wish they still offered the Bitone as an option, I'd likely buy another. Not really a fan of the XDM elite flat trigger and magwell either.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I recently found a NOS 3.8 XDM on Gunbroker. Spent case shell is dated 2010 so it must have been on a shelf for a while. I would have preferred the 4.5, but the gun I got is a Bitone and just love the way it looks. Wish they still offered the Bitone as an option, I'd likely buy another. Not really a fan of the XDM elite flat trigger and magwell either.
My XD-M 9mm compact is bi- tone. The elite black. I too like the bi- time better. The magwell is easily removable and mine is out and i'm using the same mags as my non- elite.
I also like the older trigger better. Might have to keep both! I put a Holosun red dot on the Elite

Peace,
Michael J.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts