Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this too short of a gun to have a solid guide rod. It is a pain to clean with the large spring and the smaller spring there.

I have email Steve Bedair to see also.

·
Registered
676 Posts
What is so hard about spraying it off with your favorite gun cleaner, and putting a couple drops of oil on it?
In fact, I had to think about it, but I have not cleaned the guide rod on my XDm .40 and I probably have close to 1,000 rounds through it. It does not get very dirty.

·
Registered
340 Posts
What is so hard about spraying it off with your favorite gun cleaner, and putting a couple drops of oil on it?
In fact, I had to think about it, but I have not cleaned the guide rod on my XDm .40 and I probably have close to 1,000 rounds through it. It does not get very dirty.
I have about 900 rounds through my XDMc 3.8 9mm. Clean my gun after every shoot but I haven't done anything to the guide rod either. I just put it off to the side as I'm cleaning and forget about it. I glance at it but it always seems to be perfectly clean.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It apperars they are having issues with the spring. Either way, you gotta clean this one too once in a great while.
the spring in the aftermarket or the factory?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the factory guide rod, seems to hold up fine. Spritz it with some Ballistol after every shoot and you'll be good to go. Of course if you've already made up your mind to change it than by all means...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts