Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one ever heard of these? I was looking for an XD Service in OD green and a local gun shop here in Houston said they had a XD Limited Edition in OD Green # 31 of 300 $569.00 :?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Why bother? I would never buy a gun I would not shoot the heck out of.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm with you manygunner I don't buy gun's to put away.
Could this guy be mistaken? He did check and stated it was an .40 cal.
I guess I'll make a trip out there for myself

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this is a really old thread, REALLY OLD, but I thought it was funny since I'm the person who bought this pistol. I was doing a search for something else and came across this thread.

It is a "LE" as Doorman said. The reason behind the LE is the color/caliber combination with the Heine Slant 8 sights are not available through Springfield except if it's one of these LE guns. I didn't buy this gun because it was an LE, I bought it because I wanted an OD frame in .40 and this is what they had. This is gun is not a safe queen either, it is probably fired more than my other pistols combined.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would buy an LE at that price, it's not too much over the standard, at least around here, it's about 70 bucks more. I would still shoot the hell outta it lol. with that little 31/300 stamp on it, it makes it easily identifiable and unique which is what I would like.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
What does it look like on the other side? I've seen one with XD-45 LE on it.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Wow, that is crazy. I saw an XD45LE in last years catalog, but I thought it meant it was a Law Enforcement version. Good find!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The other side is plain, looks like a normal XD with no special markings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Especially since one is from NJ and one is from Houston. Making multiple #31's?
Actually, I'm from Houston. The Air Force put me in NJ. I bought the pistol from Fountain Firearms in Houston when I was home visiting my family.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts