Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Did you notice the full length guide rod and spring in the field stripping pic? I think they are learning.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
They report
Made of heavy-duty, nickel-plated steel, the high-capacity magazine not only has great lubricity and rust protection, but also falls free every time the magazine release is depressed.
My magazines are stainless, and I bet theirs are too. They could check it with a magnet (for free). :wink:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Also all the 5 ich barreled XD`s have a full length guide rod.
And all of the 2005 sprinfield armory stocking dealers will have the Gap since they will get one for free and a point of purchase display about the gap and handgun of the year.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Also all the 5 ich barreled XD`s have a full length guide rod.
And all of the 2005 sprinfield armory stocking dealers will have the Gap since they will get one for free and a point of purchase display about the gap and handgun of the year.
So does that mean you have a free GAP?

·
Registered
92 Posts
so does that mean they will be out in 6 months or so?? That sounds like an amazing gun. cant wait to get one..

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Jeez...if this was only avaialble in 45acp, I'd dump my 40 in a heartbeat, but I got too much of a 1911/45acp thang going on in my house to add another expensive to shoot caliber that could easily get mixed up and placed into a 1911 by mistake...ooops!

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
415 Posts
Why do they always say double action? It even states in the specks, "single."

·
Registered
415 Posts
Dotagious said:
nogoa said:
This is a great article that explains a lot.

http://www.handguninfo.com/Archive/www.Pete-357.com/xddasa.htm
That article didn't EXPLAIN a whole lot. It seemed like a lot of opinions and un-researched babble. It did have a little bit of good info, but,” I really believe that they can evolve their definitions a tiny bit to keep up with the new Century," is not going to change the ATF's, IDPA's, and my belief that the XD is a SA auto.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nogoa said:
Dotagious said:
nogoa said:
This is a great article that explains a lot.

http://www.handguninfo.com/Archive/www.Pete-357.com/xddasa.htm
That article didn't EXPLAIN a whole lot. It seemed like a lot of opinions and un-researched babble. It did have a little bit of good info, but,” I really believe that they can evolve their definitions a tiny bit to keep up with the new Century," is not going to change the ATF's, IDPA's, and my belief that the XD is a SA auto.
First he provides the definition of SA and DA (as defined by the ATF, IDPA and all the other acronyms you mention)... and then clearly explains why the XD (by means of describing its internal workings) fails to fit within the aforementioned definition. The point being that this may explain WHY one entity may define the pistol as SA and another as DA. Furthermore, if his OPINIONS on how the XD and other pistols operate vastly different than their predecessors (and therefore reluctantly fit within previously established definitions) are factually incorrect, please opine.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The only important thing I believe is that if you pull the trigger on the XD and the cartridge does not go bang, you must recock the gun. On a double action, you pull the trigger again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts