Canyon Creek 3# competition trigger
Canyon Creek tungsten guide rod
Pistol Gear slide release
Pistol Gear Operator magwell / Slam Pads
Dawson adjustable F/O sights

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice , gotta get me some sights ..............

·
Premium Member
127,704 Posts
Way to go guy! Very nice.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Oh Wow! Very nice sights there.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Very nice. I wanna get some new sights for my XD40 next, just got a trigger kit today.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What slide release is that?

It's from http://www.pistolgear.com
It's pretty nice. Definitely a lot easier to find than the factory one. They claim it fixes the "dropping the slide with your thumb after the last round" problem but I don't see it.

It was out about 2.5 weeks at Canyon Creek. I got it back on Friday and won our local tactical pistol match with it on Saturday. Then it got sent out to have the sights changed and I just got it back yesterday. I haven't shot it yet with the new sights but will be tomorrow. I think the tungsten guide rod helps, but I don't think it does $80 worth of help. Oh well, somebody's gotta be the one to try stuff so, live and learn.

·
Registered
206 Posts
very Nice!!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The sights in pic two sure stand out. Specifically, what model and make are they for front & rear?

C+P from my invoice from Springer Precision...

Dawson Precision Adjustable Front Sights
| (fit XD and XDm)
Front sight width: .100 (most common)
Sight type: Fiber Optic

Dawson Precision Adjustable Rear Sights
| (fit XD and XDm)
Sight type: Fiber Optic

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys.

The gunsmith that changed the sights had the windage dead on. I had to bring the elevation up only 3 clicks and it's good to go. There is no missing those sights outside in the sunlight. Indoors you can see them but they're not so bright you can't see past them. They're great target sights but with the high profile and sharp corners definitely not a CC sight.

Only issue that arose is now I need to modify my holster on my belt. That front sight sits so high that it catches when I draw unless I do it right.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I certainly like the profile of the XD pistols. Looks like you have the gun set up to suit your style of shooting. Hope you do well with it.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I certainly like the profile of the XD pistols. Looks like you have the gun set up to suit your style of shooting. Hope you do well with it.
One match, one win so far :)

I don't expect to win every time. It's nice when I do of course but at least now when I don't finish first I know it's me and not my gun.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What slide release is that?

It was out about 2.5 weeks at Canyon Creek. I got it back on Friday and won our local tactical pistol match with it on Saturday. Then it got sent out to have the sights changed and I just got it back yesterday. I haven't shot it yet with the new sights but will be tomorrow. I think the tungsten guide rod helps, but I don't think it does $80 worth of help. Oh well, somebody's gotta be the one to try stuff so, live and learn.

From page 1...

Edit: Oh. I see it was you who asked the first time too...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have you shot it without the tungsten GR? If not, give it a shot (pun intended). My competition XDm was customized by Rich and the tungsten GR makes a significant difference in my transitions and splits over the OEM GR.

That said, qualifying that improvement against an $80 bill is a bit subjective. :)

Regards,

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you shot it without the tungsten GR? If not, give it a shot (pun intended). My competition XDm was customized by Rich and the tungsten GR makes a significant difference in my transitions and splits over the OEM GR.

That said, qualifying that improvement against an $80 bill is a bit subjective. :)

Regards,

Yeah I had shot it before I sent it out but I never did any immediate back-to-back tests. That isn't a bad idea though so maybe I should. I'll try it tomorrow morning.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts