Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall -

I'm a 1911 guy who has cursed polymer pistols from day one, and I have a confession... I'm infatuated with the XD.

I've read about the excellent reliability, and I love the idea of more .45 ACP in my magazine than my 1911's single-stack platform can handle. Aesthetics aside, I think everything about the XD has me sold. (And I'm sure, like most things you love, the look will grow on me in time. Hey - everything cant look like an Ed Brown Kobra! :p)

I have a few questions and concerns about the XD, the Google-ing of which actually led me to this forum this morning. I'm sure everything I'm wondering has been covered multiple times, (concealability for every-day concealed carry, etc.), so I'll be making use of the search feature right away.

Just wanted to drop in here first, say hello, and repent for my years of polymer-bashing.

·
Premium Member
127,757 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome from Michigan! I was in the same boat as you... 1911 all the way... while secretly admiring the XD the way you might admire your girlfriends sister. Then SA came out with the XD45 compact. That was it! I bought my first plastic gun (foreign made at that). I proudly showed it to my dad, another Colt 1911 purist, who held it like a turd and immediately handed it back. Oh well, I guess dad can't be happy ALL the time! You will definitely enjoy the XD!!

Jim

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome! As RougeXD properly surmised, I am all about looking to buy an XD, and ASAP.

Welcome from Michigan! I was in the same boat as you... 1911 all the way... while secretly admiring the XD the way you might admire your girlfriends sister. Then SA came out with the XD45 compact. That was it! I bought my first plastic gun (foreign made at that). I proudly showed it to my dad, another Colt 1911 purist, who held it like a turd and immediately handed it back. Oh well, I guess dad can't be happy ALL the time! You will definitely enjoy the XD!!

Jim
That's hilarious, Jim. My brother is one of the world's biggest 1911 purists, owning only the finest and ridiculing all the rest. He will probably refuse to even hold mine (when I find a nice one to buy, that is).

Ah well... Grandpaw always used to say that if everybody liked the same thing, all the men in the world would be chasing Grandmaw around.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Glad to have you here. Looks like you are hooked and one XD is never enough.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Welcome from NY, glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome to the forum..... from one Miss-ippi boy to another.....spent many years roaming around the backwoods of MS before moving to GA.

Those XD's do kinda grow on ya if you let them.... I like the XDm and the .45 tactical myself. For a 1911 guy, you'll probably feel most at home with the .45 tactical with thumb safety.

Alchemist77

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts