Springfield XD Forum banner

XD in the snow all day ?

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  147Doc 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I have my ccw and was wondering if it's bad for my gun to go from room temperature, to freezing cold, back to room temp, on a daily basis ?

like when it sits in my car when i'm at work. then warms up again when I bring it with me everywhere ...

also, what sights do I have on my gun ? bought it new, xd40 sub-compact.
the rear sights are white dots, the front sight is a white dot... I thought I heard they come with non - factory ones. .. .

#2 ·
The change in temperature isn't as drastic as you might think, and with that being said, it doesn't make a difference to your XD. It'll be fine in any weather.

As far as the sights, those are factory sights. Not bad sights, but most generally lean towards some sort of night sight additions.

#3 ·
I regularly use my XDs in a variety of extreme weather conditions with eabsolutely no advers effects. By the way, may I suggest installing TruGlo TFOs? Thet are great sights.

#4 ·
I regularly use my XDs in a variety of extreme weather conditions with eabsolutely no advers effects. By the way, may I suggest installing TruGlo TFOs? Thet are great sights.
YES! yes you can suggest those, I am looking for sights...

I also have a XDm .40 and want a trigger job as well as sights... so any sight recomendations on that would be great... or do you recomend the same sights for that gun too ?

Also have any good pics with those sights on your gun ?

So far I was leaning toward the SA optical (2 green rear, 1 red front) any input on those sights ?

#6 ·
Make sure you wipe it down every once in a while and run a patch through it. Weapons do sweat. Other than that, you will be fine.

If you have a Jeep Wrangler, don't lock that thing in the glovebox. Get a Tuffy Security console or the tuffy glove box, ect......

#8 ·
Hey if you want info on possible night sights go to the XD 45ACP discussion page here and look for "Night sight recommendations" it was a thread i started for info on sights and there's some good suggestions and pics there

#11 ·
#13 ·
Wasn't this gun battle tested in Croatian winters? Don't think it will be a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.