Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just for sh*ts and giggles has anyone noticed the XD in any movies or tv shows? Just thought it'd be interesting.. Thanks :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
i believe i saw one in "hostage" i think it was a Sub-compact.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
polarbear said:
i believe i saw one in "hostage" i think it was a Sub-compact.
That one was a Glock 26. It had like 25 red rubberbands around the grip. Looked crude and ugly, but I guess it would work. Not a good idea for XD users since it would compress the grip safety.
If you saw Sin City, it had a Springfield Armory .45 :x I wonder if SA did it for the advertisment?
I would think that the Glock will be the standard movie gun for years to come. They have just simply been around longer than the XD.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
dragginaknee said:
the movie w/ will smith and martin lawrence i belive, the part 2, i cant think of the name of it, neways will smith had 2 ss xd's
Bad Boys 2.........nope, Glock wins again :cry:

Grip angle says Glock. :oops:

·
Registered
415 Posts
hobocircus said:
dragginaknee said:
the movie w/ will smith and martin lawrence i belive, the part 2, i cant think of the name of it, neways will smith had 2 ss xd's
Bad Boys 2.........nope, Glock wins again :cry:

Grip angle says Glock. :oops:
And if you saw the making of, they were airsoft pistols. Looked like they even painted them silver. The magic of movies.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Training Day....Yep. I think so. The scene where Denzel shoots the old man drug dealer for all that money and they make the white dude hold a shotgun. The black dirty cop with the braids, looks like he has a XD. Maybe im wrong but when he whips it out it looks like a XD

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I have yet to see an XD show up in a movie. I guess they will have to be out longer, before Hollywood picks up on them.

I did, however, see Sahara last weekend. The movie was average, but the guns were great. Lots of Hi-Powers and several FALs and AKs.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have not seen on in any movies yet.
I agree that the Glock will be the standard movie pistol for years to come. At least til the XD becomes more popular.

·
Registered
214 Posts
guess what boys, a confirmed XD sighting in the movies.....in Dawn of the Dead, when they are stuck in the mall and go over to rescue the guy in the gun store, there is an XD on the ground in the store and no denying that it is one! :lol:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Arrowman said:
guess what boys, a confirmed XD sighting in the movies.....in Dawn of the Dead, when they are stuck in the mall and go over to rescue the guy in the gun store, there is an XD on the ground in the store and no denying that it is one! :lol:

I'll have to watch it again to see. That movie was actually very cool and fun w/ all the gun closeups and what not.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I even went frame by frame during one of the shooting scenes in Bad Boys 2......(great movie) but on the slide it read Glock

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
mr0w1 said:
Arrowman said:

I'll have to watch it again to see. That movie was actually very cool and fun w/ all the gun closeups and what not.
I hate to ask this, but is this movie as disturbing as the 70s version? I remember I saw it with friends at the midnight movies and it was too gruesome for me and very disturbing even to this day. :oops:

·
Registered
388 Posts
hobocircus said:
If you saw Sin City, it had a Springfield Armory .45 :x I wonder if SA did it for the advertisment?
They definitely paid to be in Sin City. Movie producers/directors generally remove branding marks, even from easily identifiable items, unless the manufacturer pays in one way or another. Considering the number of times that 1911 was shown close-up with "Springfield Armory" clearly displayed, there must have been a deal.
I would think that the Glock will be the standard movie gun for years to come. They have just simply been around longer than the XD.
You definitely see a lot of Glocks in the movies, but equally a lot of HK and Sig pistols. The Replacement Killers was heavily laden with USPs, some of them in custom finishes to make them look different.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
hobocircus said:
mr0w1 said:
I hate to ask this, but is this movie as disturbing as the 70s version? I remember I saw it with friends at the midnight movies and it was too gruesome for me and very disturbing even to this day. :oops:

Dunno. Never saw the 70's version. :oops:

I know this one really wasn't all that greusome, or at least not as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I'll grab the old one and watch it this weekend and I'll hook you up w/ an eval. If I have time, that is...

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
mr0w1 said:
hobocircus said:
mr0w1 said:

Dunno. Never saw the 70's version. :oops:

I know this one really wasn't all that greusome, or at least not as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I'll grab the old one and watch it this weekend and I'll hook you up w/ an eval. If I have time, that is...
Yeah, I remember the 70s version had some people take cover in a shopping mall. Turns out that there is also a well stocked gun shop in the mall too :shock: . One guy chooses a hunting rifle and I think someone else got a AR-15. Anyways they go hunting zombies and it's pretty bloody and gorey from there on out. :twisted:

I'm still traumatized :x

1 - 20 of 43 Posts