Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
If they made an XD in .45 ACP instead of th eCRAP i mean the GAP i would buy three of them. One ACP in a tactical one in a service and one compact. I think as the XD gets more popular they will come out with more offerings or at least i hope so

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
kgpcr said:
If they made an XD in .45 ACP instead of th eCRAP i mean the GAP i would buy three of them. One ACP in a tactical one in a service and one compact. I think as the XD gets more popular they will come out with more offerings or at least i hope so
Do some reading!

Unless SA does a complete redesign on the XD frame, the .45 ACP will never be offered.

The whole purpose of the .45 GAP is to allow a small frame gun to shoot a .45 bullet at velocities similar to the .45 ACP.

You may not like the GAP and that is your right. However, get the facts straight to the reason it exists.

Now for opinion. The XD is a great gun but SA did not design it. SA copies and improves, they do not design. So IMHO, they will not offer the XD in .45 ACP

Philip

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
+1

Nice post Philip

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
philipk said:
Unless SA does a complete redesign on the XD frame, the .45 ACP will never be offered.

The whole purpose of the .45 GAP is to allow a small frame gun to shoot a .45 bullet at velocities similar to the .45 ACP.
This is so obvious. Yet the calls for .45 in ACP never cease. If Springfield or IM made a polymer gun in .45 ACP it would be a different gun. I'm sure they could call it an XD, but it wouldn't truly be an XD...the dimensions would have to be different. The feel would be different. Everything would be different.

If a subcompact .45 ACP is a "must", why not go with a Springfield "Micro"? The GI version is not much more expensive than an XD. I don't know what they sell for, but I would think very close...MSRP is $578. Only slightly heavier than the XDSub and about a quarter inch longer. (And no known rust issues...LOL)

Peace,
D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts