Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used mine in a local IDPA comp. 3 weeks ago. I have a XD40. It was the first time with this gun and I was impressed and a couple of the guys were too. I normally shoot a S&W 625 as a sharpshooter. We have a year end shoot this weekend and I will shoot the XD40. I've been shooting it pretty regular the last couple of weeks, so I feel good with it. I also put on a Hi-viz front sight and AO Express rear, it is very visible on target for 56 year old eyes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
lefty- how do you like that hiviz sight? do they draw your eyes to it like i think it does? saw someone at a match using them. in daylight you can see it 20 yds off.

[ September 09, 2002, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Dogpack ]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dogpack
The Hi-viz just jumps right out on the target. Works in all light, but twilight it is really bright. I wear trifocal glasses and black sights are hard to see. I also have the Big Dot tritium front and express rear on 625. I really like to Hi-Viz the best.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used my XD-40 at an IPSC match last sunday. we don't have any IDPA here, but the guys are pretty laid back. I'm totally new to shooting in general, so I didn't break any records, but the gun performed well. I am also looking at the Express sight system as well, and I got my rig from CEN-DEX.com. the owner is way cool.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I shot my XD40 in my first ever IDPA a couple weeks ago. Everything was going great until it choked on a factory round about halfway into the chamber, leaving the slide halfway open. After that, I switched to the G22 to finish the match (my first time, so I think they were easy on me).

Needless to say, I think the ramp was dirty from shooting a few days prior. All better now. G-code is starting to take a little bit of finish off my baby though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts