Springfield XD Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a distributors web catalog and they had a listing for a 13 (13+1) round 45acp XD in Service and Tactical. It looks like thats what will be new for 2006.
Rich

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,314 Posts
Oh ya? I'm curious how they could possibly make a 13 round .45ACP since the .40 is only 12 rounds and the .45GAP is only 9 rounds. I guess we'll see, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
I actually have a prototype of the 45acp XD. Although mine holds 15 rounds. Looks like it supposed to be out January 1st, 2056. :D

Edit to add: I've also heard rumors of a .44 mag subcompact :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Dustin98SS said:
I actually have a prototype of the 45acp XD. Although mine holds 15 rounds. Looks like it supposed to be out January 1st, 2056. :D

I'm not talking about you. I'll be 100 years old by then. HAHA :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
Rich--is that a 13+1 or 12+1 (=13)? If they want to really compete on stage with Glock, Sig, et al, they'd have to do this. That's great news! Us large handed folks will look forward to having a bit more to hold onto. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
RIIID said:
I was looking at a distributors web catalog and they had a listing for a 13 round 45acp XD in Service and Tactical. It looks like thats what will be new for 2006.
Rich
You could have at least given a nice print screen of the website. I would love to believe you but...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
Oh yeah? I have a 18" purple kangaroo that poops Gold Dot ammo in any caliber I want, and it sings karaoke like a MF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
chupacabrachus said:
Oh ya? I'm curious how they could possibly make a 13 round .45ACP since the .40 is only 12 rounds and the .45GAP is only 9 rounds. I guess we'll see, right?
They would have no choice but to change the mold for the frame and make the grip wider & longer (I imagine the slide may have to change as well). It's mostly plastics and molds--easy stuff for any mechanical engineer worth his (or her) salt. The big hurdle is the cost to tool the change to the frame--is there a market for it? If they can get 13 rounds of .45ACP into an XD, it will sure get the attention of American consumers...like us.

By the way, for those of you who don't know who RIIID is, that's Rich from Canyon Creek, one of the most respected XD smiths in these United States. I'll take his word.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
sjp2452 said:
chupacabrachus said:
By the way, for those of you who don't know who RIIID is, that's Rich from Canyon Creek, one of the most respected XD smiths in these United States. I'll take his word.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ok, I was making fun of him, but........please dont get my hopes up.

Psst, hey Rich, I'll be sending a GAP XD to ya..Please dont "lose" it now :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
All kidding aside, if it's true, SA just made a lot of people happy, and grew their consumer base. I'll buy one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
sjp2452 said:
By the way, for those of you who don't know who RIIID is, that's Rich from Canyon Creek, one of the most respected XD smiths in these United States. I'll take his word.
with some of the responses written i was beggining to wonder if they even knew.

but... this is the internet, and it is impersonal, so i guess its easy to be dissrespectful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
sjp2452 said:
chupacabrachus said:
By the way, for those of you who don't know who RIIID is, that's Rich from Canyon Creek, one of the most respected XD smiths in these United States. I'll take his word.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ok, I was making fun of him, but........please dont get my hopes up.

Psst, hey Rich, I'll be sending a GAP XD to ya..Please dont "lose" it now :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
Yet another reason I'm glad to be attending the SHOT Show in February.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
therooster said:
but... this is the internet, and it is impersonal, so i guess its easy to be dissrespectful.
While I have great respect for the man and his reputation, my motives in defending his integrity are not entirely altruistic. I'm hoping that he'll offer me a free trigger job, see.... :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
Still Rich got the information from a website. So I would love to believe him but... No disrepect to Rich I just doubt most things I read on the web first or second hand.

mcb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are no images availible of the guns and I won't put the listing for view because it has the pricing on it. It has model numbers like XD961106 for a black Service. It lists OD and Bi-tone for Services and Tacticals.
A 45acp would require a larger frame and a larger ejection port. Hope fully the 40 slides will fit on the new frame so a Limited XD will be viable. I'm just telling you what I found. The distributor may have included this model listing before they should have.
On speculation SA my be planning on announcing it at the SHOT show in Feb. The big question would be when they would be availible to the consumer. If all of this is true.
Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
RIIID said:
Hope fully the 40 slides will fit on the new frame so a Limited XD will be viable.
Rich
That's what I'm talking about, I'm not interest in a plastic 45ACP but...

A frankin XD that will have enough capacity to shoot limited, sign me up.

Thanks for the insight Rich.
 
1 - 20 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top