Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, its been a while since I have been around here.

Well, I used to have an xd and it was absolutely top notch. Since then I have had a few auto loaders. Few have matched the xd's quality. None have surpassed it. Well, I am in the market for another tactical autoloader and my journey has led me back to the xd.

I am looking for a fun weapon that I can fulfill all my needs. It will be used for home defense, target shooting, as well as a camping companion.

I am liking everything I here about the 357sig. The only thing I dont like is the higher cost of ammo. From what I read, its an excellent problem solver and sports some excellent ballistics/ barrier.

I think it is the caliber for me, but am still undecided. I dont want another glock(for personal reasons), and I cant afford a sig. The clear choice, seems to be the xd in 357sig.

Does anyone have any experience with this rig? No doubt someone here has one. If so, how is it? I would like to get some input regarding the caliber and how it works in the xd chassis. Also, is there any .40 conversion barrels available for it?

thanks fellas!

-Boe

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have quite a few handguns the xd 357 is by far one of my favorite Springfield claims they can be abused and keep functioning well I am a believer I have put mine thru tons of stupid things it never fails to perform as required very reliable...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the 357 SIG and like it. Going to buy a 9mm barrel for it for target practice or Im going to buy bulk Cabelas 357 SIG ammo.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
I do. I perfer to call it my 9mm magnum.
That comment always draws a comment,
"I never heard of a 9mm magnum before".

Well, you have now. :lol:

Ed

·
Registered
244 Posts
you don't hear too much about the .357sig on this forum. I mostly hear (read?) about the .40S&W and the 9mm. I hear the 9mm being so awesome (I agree!), and I read a lot about failures from the .40, though the owners still love them. I'm actually interested in the .357 myself

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a .357 sig in a 4" service. I am very pleased with the performance of that caliber. With the higher cost of the .357 sig ammo, I bought an EFK 9mm conversion barrel and a couple of mags for about $200. I shoot the majority with 9mm. When I come off the range, I replace it with the .357 sig for carry. Since I am shooting a lot more with the 9mm, I noticed I am shooting better with the .357. I think that the ammo will come down as more agencies are choosing this round.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts