·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If they made one would you buy it?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I voted no. There are so many good .22 pistols out there already. Now if you're talking .22 conversion, I'd be all over that!

·
Registered
143 Posts
hobo

just wondering why you are so hooked on .22
You've got one in your sig, mentioned one in the field pistol question and now you want an XD in .22.
Not raggin ya just curious.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I second that conversion idea but no thanks to a .22 XD

·
Registered
53 Posts
jeep2919 said:
hobo

You've got one in your sig, mentioned one in the field pistol question and now you want an XD in .22.
I'm not hobo, but I can tell you why I'm hooked on .22.

500 rounds .22, approximately $10.00.

500 rounds 9mm, approximately $70.00.

Can shoot all day without abusing ears.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
9mm lover said:
jeep2919 said:
hobo

I personally like recoil, and a .22 just doesnt do it for me. That it little kiddie guns in my eyes.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
A conversion kit might be a good cheap way to train, but I'd rather just have another .22 altogether.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think a XD is a little to expensive to be a .22. why spend $400 on a .22 XD when Ican just get a ruger MkII or 22/45.

·
Registered
53 Posts
NExd said:
9mm lover said:
jeep2919 said:
hobo

I personally like recoil, and a .22 just doesnt do it for me. That it little kiddie guns in my eyes.
Maybe we should pass them out to preschoolers then. :roll:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Acerimmer said:
I think a XD is a little to expensive to be a .22. why spend $400 on a .22 XD when Ican just get a ruger MkII or 22/45.
Maybe they could make an XD-22 that is to the XD what the P22 is to the P99.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeep2919
hobo

In rifle and pistol it's one of my favorite calibers. The most popular cartridge ever and used around the world by the millions and millions. On the field pistol question, most will understand that it will put small game on the table easily. Although it can be done, I personally think it is difficult to bag a fast moving rabbit for the pot with a pistol chambered in 9mm, 40, 45...even a rabbit that has stopped under a bush at 20 yards is a tough target with a "big bore" pistol. Small game does not have a lot of edible meat on it and a good hit with a .45 will turn a bunny into taco meat. (actually sounds good! :wink: )
I always bring a .22 rifle or pistol out on every shooting session. I can shoot .308, 303 British, 7.63x39, 9mm, 20 guage or whateva, but when I am winding down, you just can't beat the fun and accuracy of the .22 rimfire. I started out with a .22 in 1977 and never looked back. Also I just thought a XD in .22 would be a interesting subject. If it was ever produced by Springfield Armory, it would have to be something outstanding because of all the other good semi .22s on the market. It would have to cost much less than the average XD. I would get it for like $225 to $250 price range. Ohhhh and I forgot to mention that it comes stock with a regular 10 rounder and a 100 round snail drum magazine is optional for $20! :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: Continue the votes and have a great weekend all!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think a conversion would be better.

hobo

More guns=more fun :wink:

·
Registered
83 Posts
i voted thinking that we were talking about conversion kits... i would get a conversion kit, but would not buy an XD in .22 only.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would definitely go for a conversion kit. It's a great way to train without spending quite so much money. I've got a .22 kit for my 1911, and I love it. It helped a lot with technique and quick point of aim.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i'd also go for a conversion kit, particularly because i need to pop neighborhood varmints on a regular basis (posums,snakes, wild dogs, etc..) and could use snakeshot and quiet loads.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I personally bought my XDs for defense...I'll keep my Buckmark Target and P22 for plinking and just general goofing around.

Rikoshey :twisted:

·
Registered
53 Posts
RIKOSHEY said:
I personally bought my XDs for defense...I'll keep my Buckmark Target and P22 for plinking and just general goofing around.

Rikoshey :twisted:
If I'm not mistaken, the P22 was designed to feel like a scaled down P99. Maybe they could do something similar with the XD? My guess is it'll never happen. If they did make one and it was quality, I'd get one. I'd rather pay $400 for a good .22 than $200 for one that has problems. For now I'll stick to my standard model Buckmark.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts