Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tested almost every handgun at the range Im currently in the process of getting a cpo sig in .40 also got a ruger GP-100 on order I have 800 bucks left to get a 9mm of my choice ive been renting different polymers
Im not going to start a glock vs Xd thread but I Like the G19 and a 4" barreled bi-tone XD, what are your impressions of the xd what malfunctions and other certain issues have you faced I know all firearms malfunction Ive noticed that the finish on the xd wears off a bit quick and just like when glock started off they have issues about not being able to order parts but I know that will change in time, magazines I have noticed are a little more expensive not as abundant but I know this will change also, Ive seen a few with an actual blue finish how much does it cost and wear can it be done?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've owned a G19 for several years. Very reliable gun. Finish wears well. Have shot several thousand rounds through it and never a failure and it still groups very well. Only problem I've ever had was when I was carrying it in a fanny pack on my right hip. The mag release bumped my hip a few times and when the gun was removed the mag fell out. Luckily not when I needed the gun. I then filed down the mag release button so that doesn't happen anymore, but also makes it a little harder to release the mag. Actually stopped using a fanny a year or so ago, but never ordered the replacement release button yet. Also, I guess I have never warmed up to having only the trgger safety and so I carry it with no round chambered. To each his own of course. I know I have to rack the slide to shoot. It does give me a few seconds to think about whether I want to shoot. I know it also gives someone else a few seconds to shoot me. So, the XD interests me with its addition of the grip safety and I think the mag release is a bit more protected.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Welcome to the forum BikeRider and Minator.

BikeRider, good advice. Minator, buying a firearm
is kind of a personal thing. I guess that is why they
make so many different brands and models, just to
confuse us.

I think if you do a search on this forum, you will not
find an XD vs. Glock bashing thread. Both are good
machines, it just so happens that it is your decision.

It looks like you have already made a couple of good
decisions already in the purchases which you mention.

Good hunting. I do think however that everyone should
own at least one XD. :wink:

Ed

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought an XD40 sub for carry. When I first got it I put about 150 rounds through no problem, next about 250 rounds no problem another trip 150 rounds no problem. Yesterday my son in law and I went to the range and between us we put about 300 rounds through her with no problems. Never had a misfeed or ejection problem. I shoot Magtech and Winchester ammo, different grains and about 30% is hollow point. The gun is still relatively new but the finish is fine so far and I use a leather holster. Just my observations as a new XD owner.
Good luck
Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts