Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When did SA start putting there names on them and when
did HS introduce the 2000 in the fist place? Anyone know when
the various calibers and frame sizes for introduced?

I'm also curious about how much influence SA has on them.
I have to assume they played a big part in the development of the
new models after they bought the rights i.e. the 45 gap.
I just can't see SA just saying "OK make whatever you want and
we'll throw our names on it, warranty it and stake our reputaion on it."
So what I'm getting at is SA does more than "import them".

Can someone tell me more about HS as well?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I remember when the HS-2000 first became avalible in my area. They sold for about $250 to $275 and the local gun shops that had them could not even give them away. No one wanted one.

Now SA INC puts their name on the exact same gun and now they sell everyone they can get and more for $450 each.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
EVIL CAPITILISTS! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :D :D
I have heard misinformed people that the XD was introduced in 2000....funny the HS200 was not the XD!.........there is a difference....in name only but a difference none the less!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Then in late February 2005, the primary source of community for XD/HS2K owners fell victim to bandwidth slurpage, and disappeared forever.

·
Registered
16 Posts
XD BACKUP GUN said:
EVIL CAPITILISTS! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :D :D
I have heard misinformed people that the XD was introduced in 2000....funny the HS200 was not the XD!.........there is a difference....in name only but a difference none the less!
My HS2000 was bought in 2001, and does not have rails... All XD's I have seen do.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
There are actually three generations of HS:
-Gen 1 has no rail.
-Gen's 2 and 3 have the rail, and I cannot recall what their other differences are.

I own a gen 1 and have many, many, thousands of rounds with no failures whatsoever. 8)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
When they were first imported, they were priced around $400. There was no marketing, just word of mouth. Sales were not happening for Intrac, so it appears that they dropped the price some to try to meet their contract or at least recover some capital.
Many people where able to buy them at this low and for some reason think that's all they are worth. I have seen this type of comment on so many gun boards, as if the pistol selling for around $400 is a crime. :roll: Usually the quote goes from the extreme low that their best friend of their brother-in-law got (of course leave out taxes) to the extreme high that nobody should ever admit to buying it for (make sure to include taxes in this price).
I paid $400 for my first HS2000, then several months later the price started to drop. I never once felt cheated for paying $400, hell that is a good price for such a nice pistol. Now years later you can still get it for around $400, and you can get parts and service if needed.

(Mini rant is over.)

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I bought my Gen 1 in October or November of 01. I paid $350 for it, but when I went to pick it up after the 5 day waiting period, it had some mild rust spots on the slide...the shop owner gave me $50 back on the spot, and told me that I could shoot the snot out of it for a few months and bring it back and they would refinish the slide for no charge.
Well, I was happy to get the fifty back, but never needed to refinish the slide...I was just a responsible/caring gun owner and kept it properly lubed/oiled ever since.
This gun is/was worth $400 from the start, and I would have been happy to pay that. I got back into gun ownership with this gun. The person at the shop was regarded highly by another gun-nut, and when I was inquiring as to which gun to buy, he told me, "whatever they tell you is a great gun, buy it, they won't steer you wrong." MAN-O-MAN was he ever right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts