Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at the Hi-Wiz site today and noticed they make SIG sights that are supposed to fit the XD line. Anyone here have them? If so, how do they work for you? I am tempted to get some for my XD-9 Tactical as that will be a competition only gun. Or should I get a set of Dawsons?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. No, I don't believe in adjustable rear sights, they work loose at the worst times. Also I firmly believe that adjustable sights lead to bad shooting habits, you cover them up with adjustment and ingrain bad technique and such into your style. Pros like Leatham can use them, they already have forgotten more technique then I will ever know.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've got the original TFO's that were marketed as Sig sights on my XD40. They fit and work fine, but the front sight is a bit up off the top surface of the slide. The Sig slides must be slightly thicker, but the dovetails are the same.

The TFOs are now available in XD configuration, and I highly recommend the TFOs.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again, thanks for the input. I am looking only to replace the front sight. I am fine with the rear, though I may turn it around to get rid of the dots. Dots on a competition gun are too distracting.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Had them on my two Tacticals for a while now, I like them. They are a hell of a lot easier to pick up than the Dawsons, due to the Freaking Huge Dot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts