Springfield XD Forum banner

XD Has Jammed

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  ThomasA 
#1 ·
Well, maybe someone can help me. I cleaned my XD45 but then when I put the slide back on, it jammed and now it won't move. I just cant move the slide at all. It just wont move. Can someone help me remove this slide???

#3 ·
That sucks dude. There are a few threads on the topic. It sometimes happens when the barrel doesn't sit properly and then jams. A few folks had to send it back to be fixed. Hopefully someone who went through this problem can post from experience. Until then, don't use force and make things worst and try searching the Forum to see what comes up.

#11 ·
I had mine do that last night also. It looked like the spring on the guide became hung up and wouldent release. I could rack the slide but had no trigger to release. Thats when I noticed the spring would not allow the assembly to fully slide. I just had to put a little pressure on the slide to make it move foward off the rail.

#12 ·
The guide rod has to be placed in the center of the gun, before the slide is re-installed.
Yes many grumble about this, but it is a simple matter of checking it with your fingers to make certain it is centered.
There are a number of posts about this. I posted one years ago, and many others have posted there's also.

#15 ·
I couldent beat my XD, would break my heart. She may have the dookie color to her but in my eyes she is one of a kind. My slide was jammed if you wanna call it that, in a neutral position. It would rack back and lock, just wouldent slide forward that last quarter of an an inch. I had no trigger and the grip safty was depressed on its own. Not a flaw just a problem with us noobs fiddling around and not seeing our simple mistakes. I was surprised I did it. I have had the thing for a year and have field striped it lots of times. Yesterday was my first day shooting it and when I came home to clean it, thats why I did it haha. Why or how I knocked it out of place I can not explain...just happend. :twisted:

#16 ·
You can also push the barrel out/down from the lug when you put it back together by pushing on the barrel in the ejc port. You can still lock them up even if you center the rod on the lug if you apply pressure on the barrel as you slide the slid back on, quite easy to do. From my understanding, this is how most shooters lock them up. Crescent wrench is the preferred method to unlock them and if you send them back to SA, this is how they do it. At least according to SA.

#19 ·
I looked at my friends CZ after we went shooting and were cleaning our guns. His guide rod has a little nipple that acts as a centering tool when installing on the barrel, it can only align to the center of the barrel this way. It would be so easy for SA to redesign it this way, I wonder why they haven't already???

-Thomas

#21 ·
well I know that, but if they had designed the barrel a little differently it could have been incorporated. Or even made the end of it a concaved spherical shape and the barrel a protruding spherical shape to keep it centered. Just something. Anything that keeps it centered.
-Thomas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.