Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the gunshow here yesterday, actually Shrevport, its on the left side of the river (as we like to say here, Shreveport left-Dem... Bossier right-Repub... get it? Never mind). Anyway, one table that was rich in Springfield products, mostly the XD, had the .45 GAP in the Gear UP package for $439 (4" service). The 9mm's and .40's (4" service) were going for $415 - Not bad.
I found 9mm and .40 magazines for $25 and $29 respectively. Bought one of the .40's.
Another table had good deals on ammo. Remington UMC, .40 165 grain MC for $7.50, box of 50. Same brand .45, 230 grain MC for $9.75, box of 50. Great for the range, or other if you prefer. Bought several boxes of both.

The main reason I'm posting is that a friend of mine was at a gunshow in Alexandria, LA two or three weeks ago and the guy with the XD's at that show said Springfield doesn't make the XD in .45. Huh? Maybe it was because he didn't have what my friend wanted and was trying to push the .40's that he did have, or he was very uninformed. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Enough said.

If you having trouble finding the 15 or 12 round mags for your XD's check the gunshows. That's two in a row here in the last two months and both had XD mags in both capacities. Probably not telling you anything you don't allready know, just my 2 cents. 8)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds like you did find some good deals! Ahhh, Shreveport/Bossier! I remember Texas street, little place called the "Blues" in my younger days.
Young men in that part of the country don't realize how lucky they are..Women from east Texas, South Arkansas, West Louisianna and all points in between go there to have a good time. My favorite restaurant is a place called Ralph and Kacoo's, just under I-20 on the Bossier side of the river. Love Cajun style cooking! The absolute best! I worked for Brown and Root, helped build a paper mill just outside Mansfield. Have made dozens of trips back that way the past 20 years, none lately though. Might have to change this....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to let you know Demented, Ralph and Kacoo's is still there. Best cajun food in the Shreveport/Bossier area, IMHO, with Copeland's coming in a close second. The wife and I were just there earlier this month celebrating our 22nd wedding sentanc...er, anniversiary.
The International Paper mill that you helped build is still in operation and going strong. Pass by it on I-49 at least four times a week as my job routinely takes me in to south Louisiana, - aka Cajun country.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I picked up my 5" XD-40 from the Saxet show in Austin for $440. There was one table that had the 4" for $390 with 3 12rd mags, plus a holster of some sort (didn't see it). Those are both NIB. That table was crazy, though.. I'm lucky I picked mine up when I did or it would have been gone in 15 minutes. I always buy my stuff from shows. It's cheaper than gunbroker.com or anywhere else. Plus, there's a table that always sells really good beef jerky. Plus, there's a hot college chick that serves nachos.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did you happen to notice what the XD sub 9mm was going for at the gunshow. I live in Tyler, Tx too DAMN close to the boats :D

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
G Tres said:
Forget the guns, let's talk more about the nachos. :wink:
Word. It's been too long since I've been in Shreveport (well, Louisiana...Texas...anywhere but Georgia...)

·
Registered
50 Posts
The 9's were about the same price as the .40s. Maybe a little cheaper. Didn't see any 5" 9's, only 4" and 3".

·
Registered
17 Posts
i got my subby at the gun show here in san antonio for 380. at the table, they had the 9 and the 40, subby, and service, for all the same price. there was a couple other tables that had the service model for around 420, but they didnt have any subby's. i was gonna buy the service model at the gun show after that one, but the guy wasnt there. :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rlp1970 wrote:

Did you happen to notice what the XD sub 9mm was going for at the gunshow. I live in Tyler, Tx too DAMN close to the boats.

I didn't notice the pricing on the XD SC's. Based on the pricing of the other models though, I would guess that they were going for about $400 or sub $400. There is supposed to be another gun show in June or July. If the boats don't soak up all your cash by then, that may be an idea if your looking to buy. I usually can't wait though. When you gotta' have it, you gotta' have it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts