Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a XD 9mm and wanted to know whats a better grip to use without having it stippled? Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well, I use a rubberized grip tape made for the xdm design. I'm sure you can find them for a basic xd as well. I like how it improves the grip without being TOO grippy. A lot of people will put skateboard grit tape o configure their competition guns, but I have heard this can be too aggressive for a carry weapon. You might also check out Pachymar (spelling?) grips, they make sleeves you can slip on and off

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will do some checking. I was going to stipple it but want to try another route first. Thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hoag makes a set also

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I use hogue grips on mine. They seem to be quite effective.i know pachmyar also makes a slip on style grip as well.

·
Premium Member
127,140 Posts
I have skateboard tape on mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Pachmayr on my XDM 9. Pretty happy with it but the fingers are a bit "spungy." I like it more than the stock grip and its held up well. Can't go wrong for the price. Think I got mine for less than $15. I want to try a Hogue grip at somepoint as well.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I like the PRP grips, here they are on my XD45c...got them on my XD9sc too but it's easier to see on the dark earth.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have the PRP griptape myself, I love it! I got the rubberized kind I had mentioned. Here's a pic for ya, shows the grain pretty well

The little square on the frame is for a finger rest, it was designed for the front of the trigger guard, but I like it there better.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
does that grip tape stay stuck fairly well? or does it wear fairly easily?

·
Registered
449 Posts
does that grip tape stay stuck fairly well? or does it wear fairly easily?
my rubber PRP grips have held up pretty good. This summer I did notice the interior part that stays against my CBST has peeled slightly

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
my rubber PRP grips have held up pretty good. This summer I did notice the interior part that stays against my CBST has peeled slightly
I will keep that in mind. I have my slip on hogues for now but I am thinking about the grip tape as a replacement.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
I've used a cut up inner tube on mine. It creates just the right amount of tackiness for me, and it certainly is cheap.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What works best for you is going to depend on your hand size. If your hands are small to average, the thin grip tape will probably work best. If you have large hands or long fingers, the tire tube type grips will help. When I stretch my hand open, it's 8.5" from the tip of my thumb to the tip of my little finger. I use the Pachmyer glove with finger groves on my XD9. Works great.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts