Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot my new bitone XD-9 Service pistol for the first time this afternoon. It functioned flawlessly with the intial 75 total rounds of Blazer Brass, Speer Lawman, UMC, Corbon (+P) and GoldDots (+P). I know this is a subjective question, but - do the XD pistols have greater real or perceived recoil than a comparable Glock? Is the recoil just somewhat different? Even the UMC seemed to produce snappier recoil in my new XD than what I remember from my G19 (I didn't have the G19 with me). I found myself flinching and shooting low today.

Nonetheless - I really like the XD-9! I was able to make some great shots and produce great groups when I did my part. No FTFs or FTEs.

XD9, XD40, XD-40 Tactical

·
Registered
141 Posts
i never noticed a diff shooting a xd and g-17 side by side both my buddys i think my sub compact recoils about same as a fullsize

·
Registered
12 Posts
My experience is that the xd (tactical) recoils much less than my G17. I've been shooting about 600 rounds a week through my 17. I just got the xd today and put 300 rounds through it. The first thing me and my buddy noticed is that it shoots pretty softly.

To me the G17 and the xd service feel the same.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Maybe it is how your hand fits the weapon.....don't see how it can be any different :? ....I think my XD feels better with hotter loads, just because of the feel of the grip....

Tom :D

·
Registered
813 Posts
have shot Glocks and XDs literally side by side and the XDs had not only less felt recoil, but also less muzzle flip. The XD is a pretty beefy system which helps tame even the hot loads. Now toss in new springs and you can lower the recoil even more.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Me and 2 others this past Monday shot my XD40 and
a Glock 22 back to back and everyone said the XD had
less recoil. Put it to you like this I love the way my 40 shots
but I don't like the way the G22 shots at all and I have a G17
and G21. I shot a G26 which compares to my sub9XD and it
wasn't even close. I wouldn't trade my used model for a brand
new G26. I also said to a guy at the range on Monday that if
SA made a 45ACP XD I'd probably trade my 21 in...well maybe
not, but I'd like one of those as well, but its not going to happen.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
USN RM3 said:
Maybe it is how your hand fits the weapon.....don't see how it can be any different :? ....
Tom :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
I rented a G19 and did a side by side shoot. Both were stock, and I would have to say that the G19 had less recoil than my XD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts