Springfield XD Forum banner

XD gear package.. myth?

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  donv1to 
#1 ·
When is this "XD-Gear" package going to be available in any real numbers? i can't find this package anywhere... well i lie, i found one at cabella's in wheeling, WV. I didn't get it b/c they only had the floor model left, and we all know what happens to floor models. (the bullets go where?? oops! i dropped it!!)

i wrote springfield and they told me to "tell my retailer to call Acusport."

anyways, all i want is this dang xd-9 subby with the XD gear package.. is that too much to ask :?: :!:

:shock:

#5 ·
ya for the sub, it ended on the 31st. i called on the first to get my free stuff and the lady kinda sounded like she was trying to be smart about it and said that it ended the day before. i said great, i bought mine on the 29th. after that, she was very nice. i say great customer service on springfields part.

#6 ·
thanks for the info. it was weird that these gun magazines are still advertising this stuff. i was looking for a xd 9 subcompact package, with SS finish... but i guess i'll get it without the package.

are the hi caps wth the sleeve going to be available, even though this 'deal' had ended..? if so where are they sold?

and i agree, the holster was kinda large and clunky, but the 3 magazines looked like they were worth it.

thanks! :shock:

#9 ·
It did end 1/31, but there are shops that still have the package on hand and should still sell it to you if there honest enough not to sell the stuff individually or jack up the price.
Right now I'm trying to determine if I can afford one. There are two shops not to terribly far from me that have 9 and 40 subs w/package. The problem is that I'd probably be pushing it financially, especially after reading the post debating service vs. sub. I'm thinking about just carrying my service, also since they only have all black and I was really hoping for the OD. As if it should really matter though.
Well I'm rambling on trying to decide before the store closes or sells out.

#11 ·
The reason the XD Gear package for the Sub-compact was hard to find for awhile is that for the first month, January, Acusport had an exclusive with Springfield on the package. I ordered 4 of them through Acusport (all sold) at the SHOT Show and they were delivered before I got back from the show.

On February 1st, the package was released to the other distributors, so it should be more available now. The next package, which I believe is the Service, but don't hold me to that, is also an exclusive for the first month, but with another distributor. The Springfield rep at the SHOT Show told us there were four different packages and each was going to be exclusive to a different distributor for the first month of issue.

The grip fillers are not scheduled to be released for sale separately at this time, even though I practically begged them to release them. All their supplies of grip fillers at this time are being used to make the XD Gear packages for the SC. When they catch up on those orders, the grip fillers will be sold as a package with a hi-cap magazine, but not separately.

This is what I was told in the Springfield booth at the show last week. They said that sometime in the future, they may be able to sell the grip fillers to dealers, but they had no idea if, or when, this would occur.

I talked at some length to a couple of reps about how well the grip fillers match the rest of the frame, unlike the Witness grip fillers for the Compact frames. They told me the prototype was cut from the grip of a large frame pistol and fitted to a SC. Then they made the mold and started casting them. They had to rework the mold a couple of times, because the original fillers were the same size inside as the mag well, and fell off the magazine when it was ejected. They made them fit tighter and now the model they sell is a really snug fit and won't fall off. In fact, it's really snug. I forgot to ask them if that was done in the U. S. or Croatia.

Hope this helps.

Fred

#12 ·
thanks for the help.. i was able to order the SC9 package from cabel's at 449$.. not bad, i suppose... bad news is they said a week and a half to get it in! ridiculous.. my local guy gets things within 24 hours..sure he charges and extra 75dollars per item, but you'd expect some speed from a big chain like that.

thanks for all the info. i find all of this highly intresting. .. but regarding the slide filler and mag... pistolgear.com lists that they are sellin them for 32.95$?? of course it is listed as out of stock, but that would make me think they were available.. just don;t know.. :shock:

thanks again..

vito.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.