Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I may be a newbie to the XD, but am no newbie to holsters or accessories. My XD holster is killing me here, it didn't come with the wrench, and I dropped the screw in from the backside of the holster, but it does not appear to be long enough to screw into the holster section...am I missing something? My hands are sore from trying to force this biatch into the retainer.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
This is exactly why I want away from these high tech holsters and am going to buy an all leather sewn holster.

In my experiences with other pistols...these are the best holsters to have. They're not that much more expensive and the custom snug fit and the smell of the quality leather is definately worth it.

-Brickboy240

B

·
0 Posts
Smoke_Works said:
OK, I may be a newbie to the XD, but am no newbie to holsters or accessories. My XD holster is killing me here, it didn't come with the wrench, and I dropped the screw in from the backside of the holster, but it does not appear to be long enough to screw into the holster section...am I missing something? My hands are sore from trying to force this biatch into the retainer.
Mine did the same thing. Just put the wrench on the screw (once you get it to the hole), and push. The holes have a little excess plastic material on them. Why does the holster have rails on it?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Brickboy240 said:
This is exactly why I want away from these high tech holsters and am going to buy an all leather sewn holster.

In my experiences with other pistols...these are the best holsters to have. They're not that much more expensive and the custom snug fit and the smell of the quality leather is definately worth it.

-Brickboy240
I went with the "Answer". I get my fix of leather smell and high tech sorcery at the same time :). I just make sure that no one is looking before I stick my nose in it and take a sniff.

Now to contribute at least something to the thread: Why accessory rails? To differentiate it from a Fobus? I actually don't know. I'm sure someone will find them handy though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts