Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the XD gear holsters today, and am wondering if they can be made to hang on the left. It appeared to me that you can unbolt the clip and simply switch sides, but I want to know if anyone has done it. I will probably buy another left hand holster later, but I am getting the XD Gear with the pistol. If it cant be done I'll probably buy another holster now I suppose.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought an XD paddle to experiment with. You can't just simply switch it around for a lot of reasons. I was, however, able to do some cutting and pasteing to create a lefty. It's kinda Frankenstien-ish but...
Not at all worth the effort. Go buy a Fobus if you desire. It will save you aggravation and $$$.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good tip on the Fobus. I found a drop holster in the Trading Post, and will probably pick that up. I cant believe how hard it is for a lefty to find shooting accessories.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Zach said:
I cant believe how hard it is for a lefty to find shooting accessories.
Yes, it's an outrage. I've found some pretty good Don Hume holsters for lefties and the price ain't bad.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I found three forsale in the trading post, two obw and one drop. I'm considering the drop for now, and will try to see if I can make the XDG holster work maybe behind the back or somehting.

Lefty's need to unite in this industry...It's too difficult to find anything for us, but we always manage to make it work(unlike the others).

·
Registered
215 Posts
I feel for you.

Was trying to convince the wife of a friend to come shooting with us, let her hold some of our weapons to try out for fit, when we realised being a very, very small handed lefty, she was going to have real problems.

I tried emulating being a lefty with the slide-lock releases all set for righties, and I almost hurt myself trying to figure out where to place the digits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts