Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everyone, I see my chance to jump in with a stupid question which would have normally received the "search the old posts" answer. But these are not normal times on HS200/XDTalk. Are they. Anyway I am an experieced LEO who has been carrying Glock variants since long before they were popular or readily available. In fact I had a couple G17s when they were the only Glock on the product list. To that end I am a Glock Armorer and Firearms Instructor for my department. But damn I like the looks and feel of these XD's. Maybe even enough to make me a convert. I like everything I see and read about them except one; accuracy. I have read so many magazine articles that say "acceptable combat accuracy" then show unimpressive 4-5" groups. I search GT and HighRoad only to see the vast majority of posts about XD's are XD's for sale. And the information and disinformation goes on and on. So I am looking for some thoughts and opinions, especially from cops who carry the XD and former Glockaholics who now swear by XD. A few pics might help to. Oh and I am thinking XD 4" bi-tone with Heinie Slant Pros and a matching sub-compact. Seems like a good start,...........if..........I make that jump. I could always just pick up a Sig P229R with a DAK trigger.

Thanks for the feedback.

mlk18

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
As far as accuracy is concerned the XD is everybit on par with a stock Glock, Sig, sub 500 dollar 1911. I watched the NRA`s tv show where they did a review of the xd and they called the xd adiquate at best....bs the dude doing the shooting was shooting off hand and his hands were shaking maybe that was the problem. I get to test anywhere from 3 -10 xd`s a month from customers that want to be damn shure the sights I installed are right on. I have yet to have one that did not throw acctable groups if I put some effort in to it. Here is a pic of the same load two different sights I would say that the five shots were done in about 5 seconds each. Another thing those gun mags dont take into concideration is to group different ammo and define what combat accuracy is and how to recreate it. You know what happens when you shoot real cheap ammo in a 2000 dollar sub min of angle rifle....bad groups thats why custom gun makers only promise real small groups with match ammo. The xd is like any other pistol out there try severl different brands and they will all group differently. I have yet to read a post I can recall were some one new to the XD came on to post....you know I like the pistol but it dont shoot good groups. Now there are the posters who are shooting low or to the left but most of the time as you know thats user induced

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
If I had to do it all over again, i would got .357 sig. Seems much more reliable.

As for 4-5 inch groups.... I still dont believe people can hit 2" grounds at 25 yards free hand... most of the two inch groups are people shooting from a rest. So dont believe what people say.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had a hard time with mine also as far as accuracy goes. It wasn't until I had about 8 or 900 rounds through the gun did the gun get more accurate. I don't know whether it was the me getting used to the gun or the break in was over. Or both. Either way I can take that gun to the range after not shooting it for awhile and at 15 yards I can hold some pretty tight groups off hand and hit what I am aiming at with it.

The gun is more accurate than I am and I would take the reviews with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I find my xd-9 shoots as good as my CZ (one of the more accurate pistols out there) and about as good as any reasonably priced center fire auto. I had a Glock 19 and both the CZ and now my XD shoot groups that are at least an inch smaller. I did find that at first my XD was throwing the first round out but not now, and I figure that was shooter error. The grip is smaller then you would think. I found that at 15 yards there is no problem staying in the 10 ring on a standard siluete target unsupported. The biggest problem with 25 yards is how thick the front site is, not the accuracy of the gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts