Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Springfield XD9
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Long time listener, first time caller. I created a profile finally because I wanted to ask if anyone know more about flat faced triggers, specifically for the XD9/40 platforms? I’ve seen a few threads that are a bit dated about flat faced triggers from Freedomsmith, but they recently stopped support for the XD platform, I was told after a quick email to them (a little too late for me to get ahold of one. Shame.). I noticed Springer Precision just released a flat face trigger design for the XDM and XD45, so I emailed them as well. They do plan to come out with one for the XD but no time soon, at least a year or two I was told. Anyone know of anything else or am I SOL? I’m thinking I’m up the creek since I don’t even see anything on eBay and my research online has proved fruitless. Still figured I’d ask around though. Sorry for the overly long post and look forward to hearing from you! I’ve had my XD for awhile now and recently just got back into putting some work on it, so if anyone has any other recommendation on anything else, I’m game (even though that’s probably a separate thread or whatever). Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
That day has come brother!! I sent in my XD-9 service model to them last part of September... At first, I was just gonna get slide lightening cuts, cerakote the slide, and new sights... Then I said screw it, and sent in my frame to have a long list of work including trigger kit install, extended mag release install, new grip safety, new guide rod and spring, new ejector, base pads and custom stippling work on the grip and some on the frame and trigger guard along with undercutting the trigger guard.... Well, the lead gunsmith, Kyle, had lacked about 2 weeks from being done and asked me if I'd be interested in their new flat triggers they just got in for the XD models.... Of course I said HELL YEAH! Haven't seen it yet, he still has to cerakote my barrel, disassembly lever, slide lock, both base pads and install new flat faced trigger and also cerakote it titanium same as my slide.... I can't wait to get my pistol back and of course, I'll post pics here!! I already posted pics of Springer Precision's custom gunsmith work as of about a week ago but I'll post here again....
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Wood Automotive tire Gas Tool Machine

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
Gunsmith at Springer Precision sent few more photos few days ago, this is my XD-9 100% complete.... Includes the new XD 9/40 flat trigger from Springer Precision. **Note- Trigger has been cerakoted titanium, as far as I know the stock color is black..
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Camera accessory Wood Gas Cylinder Font

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
So does that clear the trigger guard?
Yes sir!! I have yet to get her to the range, only practice dry fire at home. When I seen the pictures, I thought the same thing.... But it clears it just fine. Also keep in mind, I had a trigger kit/upgrade professionally installed by gunsmith at Springer Precision, the travel and motion involved when you pull the trigger is quite a bit shorter, and a tactile "SNAP" on reset... Very smooth....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts