Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The firing pin status indicator on my XD-40 seems to have broken and I need a replacement. Where can I get one of these besides contacting Springfield directly?

These folks advertise them but claim to be out and have no idea when they'll get more: http://www.xd-hs2000.com/factory.html

Ive also tried Numrich, Brownell's and MidwayUSA all to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
perdurabo said:
The firing pin status indicator on my XD-40 seems to have broken and I need a replacement. Where can I get one of these besides contacting Springfield directly?

These folks advertise them but claim to be out and have no idea when they'll get more: http://www.xd-hs2000.com/factory.html
You're screwed. The website you listed is Ajames, he's a regular on the board. He stopped selling factory parts out of respect for Springfield's new policy, which is NO FACTORY PARTS SALES. If you call SPringfield, I bet they'll repair it under warranty.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had the same thing happen,
Called springfield and they sent me a replacement.
No big hassle, if you had the part number that would be helpful.

·
Registered
51 Posts
XD-9Sub68 said:
I had the same thing happen,
Called springfield and they sent me a replacement.
No big hassle, if you had the part number that would be helpful.
+1 but that was several months ago before they stopped selling parts.

·
Registered
603 Posts
This whole parts thing seems to be blown out of proportion. They have a list of selected parts they will not ship to you, I believe, but it is not every part. At least try calling SA to see what they say. If you're nice and polite maybe they would even be willing to ship a part out they are not supposed to.

I guess all I'm saying is, why avoid contacting the company, it can't hurt to ask. When I had a broken roll pin, they shipped it out to me free of charge. Given it's a cheap part with minimal shipping cost, so buying elsewhere wouldn't have been a huge burden. But, I didn't have to pay a penny and all I had to do was grab the package from the front porch when it came.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just ordered some extra recoil springs for my XD-SCs. No problem and price was reasonable. I talked to Teresa and she said most parts which are prone to failure are available for order. Ordering the parts from them was quick and painless. My only beef is that they do not have the parts on their website for online ordering.

It's really not that big of a deal...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Springfield will not ship the following parts: the frame, slide, locking block, trigger, barrel, firing pin, firing pin safety lever, firing pin safety retaining pin, firing pin damper spring, sear, sear spring, extractor, firing pin safety, firing pin safety spring, and the grip safety.

This is directly from Springfield, if you would like to see the email just private message me your email address and I will forward it.

I'm sure if you give them a call they'll have no problem sending you a new indicator.

Best of luck,

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts