Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"As of September.25.2005 it has been announced that XD has been chosen to become an official FBI armament."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_Armory_XD-9

I'm assuming this means it is now an approved optional choice (notstd issue). Anybody have any details? Which models and calibers if true?

Mea Culpa if this has been asked/answered here somewhere else before. If so, point the way w a link plz. I found where it was asked, but not answered. ;)

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
One safety on the trigger (made of metal, whereas Glock's trigger is of plastic) like that on the GLOCK,

Mine is not metal but plastic.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hmm...remember the guy who was here saying he heard in his country the XD was going to be used by the FBI?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah I remember something like that but can't think of who it is.

Tim

·
Registered
31 Posts
If this is true, my guess is the price of the XD will go up, more than likey.

·
Registered
31 Posts
True, but the Sigma's reputation is what killed its pricing. Unreliable tends to have a negitive effect on market value!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Unfortunately, FBI approved does not mean FBI issued.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not FBI, but I was looking at a USA Weekend foldout for an advertisement for uncut dollar sheets (not any interest to me), but the picture of a government employee handling them in a little subset, the weapon he was carrying on his belt was an XD. It was enough to catch my attention. Unfortunately, I couldn't make out what was written on the patch on his sleeve or have any idea what particular organization does that.

Andy

·
Registered
20 Posts
kcevans said:
True, but the Sigma's reputation is what killed its pricing. Unreliable tends to have a negitive effect on market value!

I had a sigma...it was a great little gun- reliable, quick to shoot, and good for carrying. the damn trigger was so heavy on it I couldn't hit **** past ten yards. I heard of lots of jamming issues but mine was functionally flawless, the trigger was just way too heavy. now I'm comfortable out to fifty yards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts