Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference between the XD and XD essential? I have been to several shops and they have the XD priced higher than the essential package.

Dave

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
You get "free" crappy XD gear with the standard XD package.
As far as the pistol itself, there is no difference.

Better off buying the essential IMHO..;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
XD essential only comes with the gun, mags, bore brush and lock. The XD package gets you the holster and mag pouch as well as the stuff the essential comes with.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Better off with the Uplula..

Works with almost any pistol make and larger caliber (9mm and up)..

maglula, Ltd. > Pistol Mag Loaders > UpLULA

True... I just wanted to make sure he knew everything that came with the kit. The loader that came with mine says that its for the 9mm, 40 & 357 IIRC.

I thought about getting the essentials and buying the Uplula and sending in for the 3 mags and mag pouch - it's cheaper but the price difference wasn't worth it where I bought my XD.... and the full kit was already on order when I thought about going that route. :|

I personally don't think you can go wrong either way.... If you want nicer stuff than what comes with the kit, then get the essentials and then buy your accessories separately. I will say, the holster isn't good but since I don't own other guns, the loader is great for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My full XD kit came with 3 mags and the XD gear others have mentioned.

As far as the reloaders, there is another thread somewhere about them. I have both and actually prefer the XD reloader since it doesn't require pushing down on a support/table.

Only reason I kept the Uplula is the XD reloader won't work with most other non XD mags.

Anyway, depending on the price difference, you are probably better off buying the Essential kit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got the kit with the holster and the mag pouch. The holster moves around too much on my belt. The holster actually works better with a ruger p95 that I have. I stuck the holster in boiling water then put the ruger in and wiggled it around. The p95 now slides in and out pretty well. Mark

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
The XD package gets you the holster and mag pouch as well as the stuff the essential comes with.
...and a loader. The holster is pretty much a POC. You will end up buying a better one. But.....the loader in combination with the POC holster do make a pretty nifty vehical holster set up. See- http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/gear-talk/180487-free-xd-holster-your-car-truck-vehicle-atv-whatever.html :D

So if you go with the "package", your extras won't be wasted. And remember, you get a mag pouch with your 3 free mags. with the promotion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts