Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen pictures of the XD's with the SS slide that have a silver trigger, safety button, clip release buttons, etc... and then others are all black with exception of the slide. Are the silver parts part of a custom package? I put an XD-40 on lay-away today. Bi-tone service model. We'll see if I can hold out for the 90 day lay-away or not! The above question was just a point of curiosity.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Well most of the pics i've seen with the silver triggers and grip safeties were done custom after purchase while doing other stuff such as refinishing slides and isntalling custom sights and such.

As for the one pictured on SA's site... i am relatively sure that the .45GAP tactical is a custom shop model because it is also sporting the fiber optic optional sight as opposed to teh standard 3 dot.

i was unaware that SA did the silver treatment grip safeties and triggers... surprised to see that in the tactical pic.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The pistols being shown & referred to are the "Pro" line from SA's Custom Shop. There are three levels of Pro's from $750 to $1500 (top of the line Custom Pro). Or you can have the CS add the packages to your XD for $215 to $750.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is the reply from Springfield: ( Not at all what I wanted to hear). I guess I will just buy the all black and have it customized

HI Robert,

All of our XDs have a black grip safety, trigger, barrel, etc…The slide of course is stainless steel on the Bi-Tone. The picture online and in the catalog is a bit deceiving. We probably used a prototype for the picture of the Tactical model. Sorry, for the confusion. Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

John Moe
Dealer Service Representative
Springfield Armory
420 West Main St.
Geneseo, IL 61254
800-680-6866
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts