Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I will be getting my first .45acp hand gun in a couple weeks I already have a glock 23 .40s&w and and CZ 75 P01 and love both of them. My 45auto is going to be my primary carry weapon so that needs to be taken into consideration when comparing the 2 guns. I can conceal my G23 with no issues most of the time.

Pro's of the Glock for me: Used to the system, price (I get LE/mil discount), guide rod, trigger spring options, size mag capacity.

Now tell me the Pro's of the XD system please make me want to trust my life to one

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a glock 30 an love it ,I also have a xd45c an love it, the xd does have a better trigger pull than the glock but they are both great guns

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
I have the XD45C and the regular GLOCK 30.
I like the lower barrel axis of the GLOCK over the XD.
I carry my G30.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Ok so I will be getting my first .45acp hand gun in a couple weeks I already have a glock 23 .40s&w and and CZ 75 P01 and love both of them. My 45auto is going to be my primary carry weapon so that needs to be taken into consideration when comparing the 2 guns. I can conceal my G23 with no issues most of the time.

Pro's of the Glock for me: Used to the system, price (I get LE/mil discount), guide rod, trigger spring options, size mag capacity.

Now tell me the Pro's of the XD system please make me want to trust my life to one
Go rent one at the range and put a couple hundred rounds through it....then decided if it is right for you. I have a 45 compact....it runs well. I hit what I want with it. I like it a lot better than my Series 70.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
+1 Arizona98tj, I agree that you should try and shot each and decide for yourself which you like better. I personally carry a XD45 service for my daily gun. I carry a Glock 27 for ankle carry.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I choose the xd45. My deciding factor was the safety features over the
Glocks. The beaver tail safety on my XD was what really did it. I didn't like the thought of that really unlucky snag on my shirt or pants that moves the trigger safety and the trigger then hearing and feeling that boom. With the beaver tail I can simply move my thumb to the cocking indicator and have confidence that the only way to get a snag is literally pealing off the slide to release the striker then pulling the trigger. Fat Chance of that happening! Plus, I saw my buddies glock Kaboomhttp://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/71812-i-kaboomed-my-buddies-glock.html. That did not build belief in the Glock System. Link to posting of event below!
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/71812-i-kaboomed-my-buddies-glock.html

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I choose the xd45. My deciding factor was the safety features over the
Glocks. The beaver tail safety on my XD was what really did it. I didn't like the thought of that really unlucky snag on my shirt or pants that moves the trigger safety and the trigger then hearing and feeling that boom. With the beaver tail I can simply move my thumb to the cocking indicator and have confidence that the only way to get a snag is literally pealing off the slide to release the striker then pulling the trigger. Fat Chance of that happening! Plus, I saw my buddies glock Kaboom. That did not build belief in the Glock System. Link to posting of event below!
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/71812-i-kaboomed-my-buddies-glock.html
tallmanis67,
What was it about your double charged round made you not believe in the Glock? Did it explode? Is it because of the blown case?
Just want some clarification.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
tallmanis67,
What was it about your double charged round made you not believe in the Glock? Did it explode? Is it because of the blown case?
Just want some clarification.
Turned out I was wrong about the reload. My buddy got the gun back from Glock about 3 weeks ago. They repaired it for free. Even paid the shipping! They folks at Glock said it was an out of Battery misfire and it was the guns fault. I have the case and measured the markings on it and where it was in the chamber. I then measured where it was supposed to be in the chamber and found the same thing Glock did. It fired out of Battery. I also weighed every single reload I made after the Kaboom. (All 2200) All were within a very strick error tolerance. I also measured Seating depth of every fifth round. all were VERY close to target OAL. I looked up pictures of double charges in that gun an it looked nothing like it. No slide damage no barrel damage not metal damage at all other than blowing the guts out of the mag. The plasic was damaged by the ambi mag release cover being pushed out and the bottom of the case becoming shrapnal. We tried pulling the slide out of battery and dry firing the weapon and found that his compact and full size would drop the pin close to quarter inch out of battery before and after the repair. Btw. even with the damage the gun would was still fully functional other than the mag catch was missing. It would not have been safe to fire but I am sure it would have fired if we had one in the pipe.
I hope that clarifies. I think some of the Glock Kaboom rumors are true. Unsupposrted feed ramp and all. I don't want to trust my protection to that.
Carrying a Glock is like voting for Obama in my opinion... its just too risky!

·
Premium Member
600 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
How did Glock know it was an out of battery misfire? Unless they had the case, but you have it, I do not think they could figure it out without a vital piece of the puzzle. You are entitled to your opinion on whatever gun you carry, but realize that about 70% of the law enforcement officers in the country carry a Glock on and off duty.

The fact that the Glock still functioned show that it did it's job - no one was hurt. Can you really rule out some other factor with the ammunition? Did your friend tell Glock that it was a reload? If I remember correctly, Glock only warranties their guns if factory loaded ammuntion is used.

As I have stated before, I carry a XD45 service most of the time. I have in the past also carried a Ruger P90 and a S&W 6906. I also at times carry a Glock 27 or 38. I started out shooting with a Colt Commander. So, without a more clinical look at all of the factors, I still am not convinced that your reload did not play a part in the failure.
JMHO

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
How did Glock know it was an out of battery misfire? Unless they had the case, but you have it, I do not think they could figure it out without a vital piece of the puzzle. You are entitled to your opinion on whatever gun you carry, but realize that about 70% of the law enforcement officers in the country carry a Glock on and off duty.

The fact that the Glock still functioned show that it did it's job - no one was hurt. Can you really rule out some other factor with the ammunition? Did your friend tell Glock that it was a reload? If I remember correctly, Glock only warranties their guns if factory loaded ammuntion is used.

As I have stated before, I carry a XD45 service most of the time. I have in the past also carried a Ruger P90 and a S&W 6906. I also at times carry a Glock 27 or 38. I started out shooting with a Colt Commander. So, without a more clinical look at all of the factors, I still am not convinced that your reload did not play a part in the failure.
JMHO
He sent a ton of pictures I took to glock. The before we unstuck the case you could see the out of battery and after showing the damage to the case. I didn't notice it but the owner and glock did apparently. I cant give you anymore details on what happened with the owner and glock because it wasn't my gun. But the measurements don't lie.

·
Registered
246 Posts
anyway.. point being.. go try out both.. both are extremely reliable.. hence the long history of Glocks plus or minus few lemons.. but everything got lemons.. and xd's 20,000 round torture test.. have proven that they are both dependable.. i've got almost 1200 rounds thought my carry xd.. and not a single ftf, stove pipe, or any other kind of jam.. from day one it shot incredible.. but the choice is yours..

·
Registered
283 Posts
Get the XD !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts