Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie here and have a few questions. I just purchased 2 xd's last week 9mm/45 gap and enjoy them so far..I have been a Advanced Glock armoror for 8 years now and have servicing our dept weapons for 6 years so my background has been all Glock. So by knowing how to disassemble a glock completely and inspect the firing pin channel and so forth I have seen the brass deposits and fowling and oil that can accumilate. SPRINGFIELD seems to be a little anal about armoror training or firearm repair on the XD. Any sugestions on cleaning in this area would be helpfull. I havent pulled the end cap off the slide yet to look behind it . Is there anything I need to know?

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
i field strip and clean after each trip to the range. just a simple field strip. Wipe out the inside of the slide and lightly oil it. Do the bore and outside of the barrel in foaning boare cleaner to get gunk deposites. Then I wipe down teh inside of teh grip and and much of teh grip as i can get a rag into, scrub at the locking block a little with a q-tip after i put a small ammount of bore cleaner on the feed ramp portion. After a bunch of trips to the range, i will take down everything in the slide, clean each part with bore cleaner and/or solvent, re-oil, and use bore cleaner on the insode of the firingpin part of the slide and the face where the firing pin comes out when you fire. about every 6 months i take down the frame (but not the magazine release) and clean and oil all those parts and reassemble.

here is a good site with step by step directions on how to disasseble your XD: http://www.xd-hs2000.com/disassembly/disassembly.html

and here is a good link to some cad drawings that show an XD exploded: http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=26902

EDIT: Damn you TomSwift! lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
+1 on the foaming bore cleaner. Bought some at WalMart, used it for the first time after my Sunday range trip. First time I have been able to get the corners of the grooves completely clean. Have yet to detail strip. I have about 2000 rounds through.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I checked out the web site you suggested last night and tinkerd with the XD a liitle. Its pretty much like a Glock take down except for the roll pins. I do appreciate the help! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is also a DVD available that shows the detailed tear down. I think AJamesp51 sells it in his web store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts