1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
539 Posts
nice collection. I have a question though... and if anyone else wants to toss out a reply, that'd be cool too. Why is it that you bought two of the same guns? I'm relatively new to the hobby i guess, seeing as its been less than a year since i got my first gun. I'm not criticizing in any way... jsut trying to understand your reasoning in ur purchase... i mean for myself, i'd want to diversify my collection, even if stickin with an xd with say a different size or different caliber. Thanks.

oh and btw, is that a stainless usp compact in the safe? I got one of those too... nice little pistol.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the XD-9 and so does the wife. My old one is at this time relegated to home defense duty and locked in a quick access box for SHTF time. The new XD is undergoing reliability testing and then it wil be determined if it becomes a new carry weapon or the home defense weapon. The old one is fitted with AmeriGlo H3 sights and InsightLight M5 tactical light module at this time That is why I need two, one to carry and one to stay at home to defend the house.

BTW guys, before you settle on a home defense weapon, make sure the wife can actualy shoot it and operate all the controls well. You can have the best gun in the world but it wont matter if she has to use it and can't. Remember, you may not be around when SHTF and you want her to be able to defnd herself. Lots of thought, trial and error went into this.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric_Oh said:
oh and btw, is that a stainless usp compact in the safe? I got one of those too... nice little pistol.
Yup, stainless USP COmpact 9mm. Just got new MeproLight sights installed on it today. Now to get a new FIST holster.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
How come the (lefthanded) Ruger .22 isn't on you signature list?

(you could have left other stuff out, you certainly have a nice assortment of guns, but that one I recognized easily)

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Delija said:
How come the Ruger .22 isn't on you signature list?
Wife's gun. Note the lefty target grips. I can shoot it well because of my large hands, but it is her gun. So is the VAquero next to it and the Taurus 83 next to that.

·
Registered
539 Posts
let us know how u like the mepros on ur usp compact. The guys over at HKpro seem to rave about them, and i've been considering getting night sights for mine as well.

oh and thanks for the explanation on why u got two.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eric_Oh said:
let us know how u like the mepros on ur usp compact. The guys over at HKpro seem to rave about them, and i've been considering getting night sights for mine as well.

oh and thanks for the explanation on why u got two.
MeproLight sights are nice, had some on my P2000. Then again so are all the others. I do prefer the slimmer low drag profile that PT Nightsights have, like on my CZ, but my local shop does not have them in stock, they carry MeproLight. The other thing I like on PT NightSights are the different color high contrast dots, red rear green front. Makes sight acquisition much faster in the dark. I shoot in a darkhouse several times a year and yes, H3 illuminated sights beat the heck out of a flashlight.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Your gun safe shows me how far I'm behind... :lol:

·
Registered
338 Posts
:evil:

You make me sick!

:roll:

LOL. Nice collection. Keep it growing.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think you need more guns. That is unsat to see that safe that empty.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am getting more. I got a XD-9 Tactical awaiting BATF proceed and I have just been authorized by the wife to buy a pair of glocks, a G-17 for her and a G-34 for me. The idea is we go to glock matches, win glocks, sell glocks and buy real guns like XD. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts