Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What aftermarket accessories would you like to see for the XD? What improvements could be made to the gun? I would like to know why there arent more accessories readily available for such a popular pistol? :?[/b]

·
Registered
268 Posts
As more and more people discover the XD the more that will buy it. when that happens more and more people will make and sell accessories for it. if there is no demand for it then there will be no supply for it. as for the number one accessorie i am looking for for my 3 XD's is an XD in .45ACP not GAP. when that happens i will buy three more the moment they come out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Like what?

We have for the XD available to us:

barrels/conversions
Sights
Holsters
Weapon lights systems
Dons Guide Rod
Wolf Springs
Extended mag release buttons
Magwells
Magazines

Only thing I could see other people wanting is that drop in trigger system someone was working on. But since I had a trigger job done at the SA custom shop while in for warranty work that leaves me out.

If they are gonna invest in redesigning the XD frame/layout, I say screw the .45 ACP and give me the 10mm!

·
Registered
14 Posts
i would love to see a .22 conversion. it seems every thing is for the 1911 as if there is no other kind of pistol. :(

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
bubbab said:
i would love to see a .22 conversion. it seems every thing is for the 1911 as if there is no other kind of pistol. :(

Yes, a .22 conversion!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about some kind of better slip on rubber grip. It seems that the Hogue gets in the way of the safety and the Pachmeyer is too small.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Slip on rubber grip....bicycle tube. Either that or get out the soldering iron and do your own stippling. Plenty of skateboard tape stuff out there also, that seems to work pretty good really.

As far as the conversion....I have never really understood the need for a .22 conversion on any gun. Course, I own a target .22 pistol so that might explain some of it....but if I want to practice with my gun its going to be with the ammo I intend to carry.

And an extended release for people with big hands? Um....I have good sized paws for someone of my build and I have no trouble reaching the slide release on a XD....I could see where someone that has small hands might have trouble. Unless if your going to extend the release forward of the notch I dont understand where someone with large hands would have problems reaching the release.

Im not saying it wouldnt be nice to have more options....but right now I think the selection is pretty fair considering the XD is a pretty simple design.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
OD green tube grip!!! Yeah! That's the ticket!! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I do wish that there were more brands/companies that made the parts that are out now for the XD. For example, I only know of 2 places to get an extended mag release, and only one of those places creates it in stainless steel.
As far as some accessory ideas:

How about a last-option impact weapon attachment that either would go on the end of the guide rod (somehow) or a magazine finger attachment with an impact weapon on the bottom... you know for those time when ur out of ammo so all you can do is whack 'em on the head with ur gun! lol

Magazine end attachment for attaching those 3/4" to 1" flashlights (for home defense only).

An aftermarket slide release would help me out as well. I have medium sized hands and there are times where my thumb slips while trying to release the slide. I may work with a welder friend of mine and try some experimentation on a spare slide release if I can get my hands on one.

Any other ideas???

·
Registered
539 Posts
+1 for the tube grip.

It looks good. It adds just the right amount of "tack" to greatly improve your grip, without adding unwanted thickness. I even cut out the finger grooves and left side palm swell from my Hogue grip and put the Tube Grip over it. Works great, and added finger grooves without the right side palm swell that made my kid not want to shoot the XD.

Just f***ing do it. Trust us. You CAN and you WILL. Resistance is FUTILE. :D :roll: :D

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
For all the fuss the XD's ejector design has stirred... there's really nothing wrong with it the way it is, and the gun even works when the ejector is broken.

There are plenty of aftermarket parts for the service model.

I just want parts available for the sub-compact models, which is where aftermarket support is truly lacking.

As for the extended slide release, I actually want to Dremel mine to make it SMALLER since it gets in the way with a thumbs high grip. That, and I never even USE my slide release except when I'm stripping the thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont see why everyone is so quick to discount the hogue grip. I have it and its a great fit for my hand at least. when you put it on it rides 1/4 inch over the rear safety big deal! all i did was fold the back down off the safety take my benchmade(imo everyone should have one of these knives) and cut allong the crease. the way i did it it took 1/4-1/2 inch of matereal off the back and tapered to the front of the grip wich is left unaltered. though this is the only grip modification i have tryed i find it supereior to stock.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I had no problem with my Hogue grip. My son and my girlfriend (right-handers) didn't like it because it made the grip feel bigger. I'm a lefty, so I kept the left hand palm swell when I cut my Hogue up. Problem solved. I get to keep the part of the Hogue that I liked, and now my kid and my girlfriend like the XD again.

The Hogue did require some trimming (no big deal) to completely clear the grip safety. I haven't seen it myself, but I've heard several places that the Pachmyr Grip is a tad large and will shift on an XD.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts