Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the problem of my XD9 service model shooting about 6 inches high at 30 to 50 yards. I don't experience the problem with my xd357 sm. I'm going to buy adjustable sights for my XD9 to fix the problem. Any of you familiar with Dawson Precision sights? What are some other good sights to look into? I'm only looking for sights that fit into the standard cuts without any additional milling of the slide. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm new to this site, didn't realize there were so many topics on this already

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
I have them on both of my XDs and dozens of others on this forum have the same. 100% quality; there is a reason why the Pros and most custom shops (include SA) install Dawson sights.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, SA recommended the Dawson target and fiber optic adjustable sights and the Bomar adjustable sights. They charge 150 to install them + shipping but I live close to them so I can just drop it off. The sights cost 130+ shipping and tax so it's just about as cheap to have SA put them on than do it myself.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Deb, the gal on the phone told me it was 150 for the sights and to install them. I'll call tomorrow and ask again to make sure, but I'm pretty sure that is what she said.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
a1XD9 said:
Deb, the gal on the phone told me it was 150 for the sights and to install them. I'll call tomorrow and ask again to make sure, but I'm pretty sure that is what she said.
You may be right. If so, that is a pretty good price, especially if you can save on shipping, however you will still need to pay IL taxes. What it their turn-around time for the installation?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure, I didn't ask that. At the time I was just curious about what they would recommend. I'll ask tomorrow. Maybe they will throw in a new finish at no extra cost :lol:

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
a1XD9 said:
I'm not sure, I didn't ask that. At the time I was just curious about what they would recommend. I'll ask tomorrow. Maybe they will throw in a new finish at no extra cost :lol:
Spray some salt water on your slide, and they just might. :)

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
a1xd9, have you told SA what kind of problem your having? When I first bought my XD9 SC, it shot 6' low. I called SA and they had me ship it to them UPS at their expense. Turns out one of the sights (can't recall which one) was mismatched. They put another sight on, test fired and sent it back with their target. Works fine now. Don't know for sure, but this might work for you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called them and they said the would have their repair technicians test it, at their cost for shipping. It's worth a try before I buy new sights. I'll mail it in next weekend after I take it out to the range again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts