Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new user and gun owner. I bought a XD 9mm Service a few months back and have put about 600 rds through it. Absolutely no FTF (besides the problems described below) and maybe 1 FTE.... but I think that was because my grip sucked. :oops:

I do keep running into one problem though and maybe you can help me figure it out. I am a left handed shooter and I am having a bad problem with the magazine ejecting (not all the way, just popping out a little) during firing.

This happens before the next round is chambered and after sometimes.... there is no uniformity to when it happens.

I think my question is do you think there is a defect with my gun or a defect with how Im holding my gun? When I hold it right handed it doesnt seem to have the problem. When my right handed friends shoot it, it doesnt seem to have a problem. When I bring my trigger finger out and pull the trigger with the last part of my index it happens a lot less. When I pull the trigger with the middle of my index it appears to happen more....

It happens with both factory shipped mags. All this data leads me to believe it is simply a problem with my grip and me inadvertantly depressing the mag eject button while firing.

Has anyone else had this problem (left handed shooters). Was it a defect or what did you do with your grip to correct the problem?

Any ideas? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
If you can't make it stop, looks like it'll go back to springfield!

Why not try to have a friend shoot it and see if they can make it happen, too?

-stunks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stunksinatl said:
If you can't make it stop, looks like it'll go back to springfield!

Why not try to have a friend shoot it and see if they can make it happen, too?

-stunks
^^^^^
When my right handed friends shoot it, it doesnt seem to have a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,078 Posts
Does not sound like a problem with the gun, sounds like you need to adjust your grip. I had same thing happen to me with a Beretta CX-4 Storm. It seems that my fingers are pushed against the mag release when the gun recoils. No easy solution other then adjusting your grip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
manygunner said:
Does not sound like a problem with the gun, sounds like you need to adjust your grip. I had same thing happen to me with a Beretta CX-4 Storm. It seems that my fingers are pushed against the mag release when the gun recoils. No easy solution other then adjusting your grip.
Thats what I was hoping.... I really didnt want it to be the gun because I dont wanna go through the hassle of sending it back... Ill do some dry fires tonight and report back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
603 Posts
Make sure you aren't being gentle when you insert your mag into your gun. Slam it home, so it locks in there with authority. :) Given what you said about trigger finger positioning possibly affecting it, this may not be your problem... but probably good to remember anyway. I'm a lefty and have had no such problems. Hope ya figure it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Matt`G said:
Make sure you aren't being gentle when you insert your mag into your gun. Slam it home, so it locks in there with authority. :) Given what you said about trigger finger positioning possibly affecting it, this may not be your problem... but probably good to remember anyway. I'm a lefty and have had no such problems. Hope ya figure it out.
Yeah yesterday I was slamming it in there. No difference. Ill let everyone know how it goes tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Try using many different ammo loads.
Maybe it's a combination of your grip....and maybe your XD don't like the type of ammo you're feeding it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Xenon said:
stunksinatl said:
There's a magazine release on both sides of the weapon....

-stunks
Ill do some dry fire runs tonight to see if I could be glancing it.
I some dry fires and it does appear to be my grip glancing the mag eject. A little bit embarrassing, lol. Ill test it out at the range tomorrow.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top