Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first off let me just say that my OCD is bad. So, that's why I'm posting. I'm looking for a rail mount light for my XD 9mm Mod 2 4" Service Model but I want something that will be flush with the barrel of the weapon. I've been searching and searching and can't really find anything that.

Lucky for me I have a close friend who does custom kydex as it's hard to find holsters for this weapon, can't even imagine how hard it would be with a light.

Thanks in advance and if you have photos and review that would be a HUGE help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, first off let me just say that my OCD is bad. So, that's why I'm posting. I'm looking for a rail mount light for my XD 9mm Mod 2 4" Service Model but I want something that will be flush with the barrel of the weapon. I've been searching and searching and can't really find anything that.

Lucky for me I have a close friend who does custom kydex as it's hard to find holsters for this weapon, can't even imagine how hard it would be with a light.

Thanks in advance and if you have photos and review that would be a HUGE help!
Look at a Crimson Trace Railmaster, I have one on my Taurus G2, very nice addition to my Gun!

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Or Surefire XC-1.
I will admit that I am not very familiar with Surefire. However, after looking at the XC 1, I like the compactness of the light. Wish the Lumens were a little higher, though. May try one out on a P229 or USP Compact.

I will admit that I am a Streamlight fan. However, I have used Streamlight handlights almost exclusively for the last 35 + years. Never had one let me down.

·
Registered
29,825 Posts
I will admit that I am not very familiar with Surefire. However, after looking at the XC 1, I like the compactness of the light. Wish the Lumens were a little higher, though. May try one out on a P229 or USP Compact.

I will admit that I am a Streamlight fan. However, I have used Streamlight handlights almost exclusively for the last 35 + years. Never had one let me down.
Heh.

I’m the same way, except I’m a Surefire fanboy...picked up my first Z2 15+ years ago, it’s on my nightstand (with an upgraded LED head, of course).

That being said, I picked up a TLR1-HL a couple years ago, and it impressed the hell out of me. I think for a full sized pistol, it’s probavly the best bang for the buck weapon light out there...and I love my X300’s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this exact model in Tactical Grey and I purchased the Lasermax Spartan with light and green laser. Notice flush with the end of barrel and paddles (controls) within reach. Only negative IMO is the unit must be removed to change the battery.
20170806_103922.jpg

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Arrrgh....having to dismount the unit to replace batteries is a killer for me, with the laser. :(

But out of curiosity, how many rounds have you logged with the unit so far? Laser and mount still maintaining zero?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts