Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my first IDPA match this Saturday. I was using my new XD-9 Tactical with fiber optic front sight, kydex holster, home made leather mag pouches, and 3 15 round mags. I all (me, my dad, my uncle, my cousin, my dads friend, and some people my dad used to work with) had a great time. Compared to the way most people were shooting, I expect to come in dead last or close to it. I don't mind, I'll just try and improve my score each time I go.

The gun had no malfunctions at all. I was shooting WWWB (walmart winchester white box :) ).

Here are some pics we took during the match.

We were required to wear the vest on this stage so we had to pull the vest back before drawing the gun out of the holster.

I think the gun is in full recoil here. 9mm don't kick much. :)

I'm 15 BTW.

Can't wait until the next match. 8)

·
Registered
126 Posts
i am probably just confused, but i thought you cant use the XD in IDPA, since they classify it as single action, because they are morons. :?:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The XD is IDPA legal. The guy who set up the stages was also using an XD.

Single actions are also legal. One of the most popular guns for IDPA is one the zillion Model 1911s which are single actions carried cocked-locked-and-ready-to-rock. That's actually my next gun. Springfield 1911 Loaded in stainless. 8)

·
Registered
126 Posts
huh, i wonder what i was thinking of then.... :oops:

Ya, i am def getting a 1911 too, i want the Operator. It is one mean looking gun, id probably never shoot it though, just have it to drool over.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah, I'm 15 and have been shooting since I was like 7 or 8. Just starting to venture into the world of pistols though. Most of the shooting I've done was with a rifle.

The Operator would be my choice too but a little out of the budget. :D

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
dsg2003gt said:
i am probably just confused, but i thought you cant use the XD in IDPA, since they classify it as single action, because they are morons. :?:
You have no idea what the IDPA guns divisions are, yet "they"are morons.
I'm not trying to make this a personal attack, so I'll just say that, in general, people need to be more open minded about things of which they have absolutely no knowledge.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Not only do I agree with XD that your dad deserves a pat on the back, so do you. There are a lot of 15yr olds out there who are not responsible enough to be allowed to touch a firearm, let alone participate in a shooting competition. Good going AF1.

·
Registered
181 Posts
dsg2003gt said:
huh, i wonder what i was thinking of then.... :oops:
Don't feel bad they aren't the easiest rules to understand.

Glocks and most stock DA/SA pistols are in the stock division

XDs and most SA (except .45s) pistols are enhanced division

1911 .45s (among others) are in the custom class

at least that's my understanding of the divisions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts