Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new to me XD-9 Subcompact yesterday. I can already tell I am going to like it a lot. I'd like to get some more magazines for it, preferably Hi Cap. My first question is; do all the XD-9's have the same magazines? Meaning will one for a 4" or 5" fit in my Sub compact? If so/not where (on the net) can I get some for my Subcompact, either Hi Cap or regular? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
To start out you can get a free High-Capacity Magazine and XDGear Holster Free from SA.

The sub-compact has its own shorter magazines. SA is taking orders on their newly released high-cap mag.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Grand Pooh-Bah said:
To start out you can get a free High-Capacity Magazine and XDGear Holster Free from SA.

The sub-compact has its own shorter magazines. SA is taking orders on their newly released high-cap mag.

How do you do this?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Externally the magazines are the same. A 5" XD40 mag is the same as a 4" xd40 mag. Same goes for .357SIG they're the same and are interchangable with the .40 mags. The 9mm mags have different lip geometry but will fit in a .40 or .357. This is handy so if you buy a 9mm conversion barrel you can use 9mm mags (although some people tweak the lips). Full size mags fit in subcompacts also. SA is even going to make an adaptor to extend the grip to the bottom of the mag.

·
Registered
182 Posts
mpholic said:
Full size mags fit in subcompacts also. SA is even going to make an adaptor to extend the grip to the bottom of the mag.
The only catch is the standard capacity mags are $45 each and you cannot buy the sleeve separately.
-hype

·
Registered
182 Posts
snertley said:
The only catch is the standard capacity mags are $45 each and you cannot buy the sleeve separately.
-hype
Holy crap! :shock: I paid $23 apiece new in the package from a guy at the last IDPA match for 2 of them.
Just to clarify the XD standard capacity magazine + sleeve = $45.

Standard capacity magazines alone are ~$23.

-hype

1 - 9 of 9 Posts