Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if the subcompact comes in bitone. I have read that the finish may wear on the all black if used in a holster over a period. I am going to use it for the house so it will not be in a holster so should I even be concerned or go with the bi tone if avaiable. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man I really don't know how I missed that. What are your thoughts on the finish? Does the bitone see to hold up better to wear and tear?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the bi-tone in a Service 40 and I am very pleased with it. Its not showing any holster wear after about 4 months. Plastic holsters tend to speed up the wear process so if thats a concern stick with leather. Truth is if you do alot of practice drawing from a holster, or shoot events where you are constantly holstering and unholstering the gun it will eventually show wear as will any handgun....even the Glock with its kryptonite Tinnifer finish will show wear over time with alot of holster use. ( So will the plastic sights...sorry just had to throw that in there :D ) Hope this helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love my Bi-Tone SC's.....wish I would have gotten the Service in Bi-Tone, some people love them, some don't.. As far as the finish, both of my SC were bought used, don't see any wear on them like my black service that I bought new. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use the 9mm XD SC bitone for carry and IPSC competition. It works very well - has shown no wear yet after a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts