Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone that owns a XD-9 SC and has an ounce scale weigh it? The reason I ask is this. I recently purchased a Taurus .45 Millennium Pro and Taurus says it weighs in at 23oz. The problem is that SA states on their
website that the XD-9SC weighs in at, 20.5oz! In my hand the SA feels MUCH heavier then the Taurus. Could this be correct and it's just the weight distibution, or perhaps one manufactuer list the weight with the mag and one without?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xHypex

Thanks!

That's about what I thought just holding it and comparing to something else I knew the wieght of. Guess SA made a boo-boo, huh? :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah I'd say they're showing the weight a little low.... The interesting part is that I know people who thought the XDSub felt noticeably heavier than a G19 when they picked it up. I just checked specs on the Glock and here's the XDSC v. G19

Weight of pistol without magazine
G19 20.99 oz.
XDSC 23.6 oz.

Weight of empty magazine
G19 2.46 oz.
XDSC 2.8oz.

Weight of pistol plus magazine
G19 23.45 oz.
XDSC 26.4 oz.

Difference = 2.95 oz.

For comparison a C battery weighs 2.5 oz. The XDSC weighs more, but I wouldn't say it's unreasonable.
-hype

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess it boils down to the way the weight is distributed... I know the XD is a bit top heavy. Okay, more then a bit... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts