Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the XD-40 Service and S.A. A-1 1911, and I have been eyeing the XD-9 sub for some time now... and I am going to be moving soon, so I figure I get before I move, because where I am moving Cali, yea nuff said about that. Just wondering peoples opinion about carrying the sub. Cause I am a scrawny guy 5-11 and 140 on a good day, and would it be that much different then the Service?

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
I love the sub!Not much else to say.I can pack both models easy but I do prefer the sub for carry tho.Just my 2cts.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The sub is awesome. I highly recomment you get the one with the Heinie night sights though. I had the standard 3 dots and the Heinie equipped subs but sold the standard one because I like the Heinie sights so much better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like carrying my 1911, but towards the end of the day after I have been carrying it for a while, it just just heavy and I want to take off. Then next time I go out I carry my XD and its just a relief of weight and size wise, but again I am a scrawny guy and it does poke out of my shirt sometimes depending on the shirt I wear, so I was thinking the Sub might be more comfy for me.

·
Premium Member
23,670 Posts
i wouldnt trade my sub for much else and i have a 1911 custom , i like my XD alot , almost ready to trade the 1911 for a tactical model

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I definately find myself packing my XD sub more than any of my other guns.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
When I bought my SC9 mm, I stopped carrying the S&W 5 shot model 60 .38 I had carried for off duty and backup use. I only carry the XD and tho it's larger, I like 10+1 and extra mag over 5 and a speed loader.

Mine came with the Heinie Slant 8 night sights and I like them.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I have had a G26 and prefer my SA sub over it for comfort and safety

·
Registered
125 Posts
XD9SC is a very accurate weapon for such a short sight radius. I always get a kick out of it at the range. It's pretty cool to shoot out to 25 yards with a 3 inch barrel and hit what you're aiming at every time.

·
Premium Member
23,670 Posts
big gun thats one ofthe firstthings i noticed also , short barreled but it hits what yu aim at, sort of makes it fun

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love my SUB! It fits well in the smartcarry holster for concealment. I love the talk about the XD's glock has a run for their money :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Two questions, Why are you moving to California from Washington and where will you be carrying it in California? Only one logical response and that would be for a job.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gimmejr said:
Two questions, Why are you moving to California from Washington and where will you be carrying it in California? Only one logical response and that would be for a job.
I am moving to California for school... I have one more year for my B.S. in Computer Science/Criminal Justice. After that then try to get a job for an agency, but I just wanted to get a couple of guns before I move down to Cali, because I know how much a pain it is to obtain one down there. Probably after school I would be moving again, hopefully back to Washington.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I chose to get an XD-9 because I got tired of packing around my brick (Ruger P-94). Man was that ever a huge differance. As far as shooting, I do better with the Ruger but that will more than likely change as I get adjusted to the XD.

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
I've got a XD9 sub and love it. I use a Desantis Tuck-it holster and you can't tell I'm packing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts