Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent seen this posted. I picked up a Shooting Times Magizine yesterday They did a Gun review On the XD9 Subby
Now springfield is including a 15 round hi cap mag in addition too the two it already comes with and a XD gear holster for the subby free. I just picked a subby up Dec. 17 so I called SA and there are shipping me the hi cap and the holster for free just the 6.95 shipping cost. There very nice people there.

www.shootingtimes.com

OD-XD

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I am almost 100% positive they are going to send him a full sized magazine. The ad is still the same the picture just shows a servive model.
You cant even fit 159mm in the 40 sub mags so more than 13 and you will have to have a longer mag. And if they can fit 15 9mm in a sub mag then why the heck cant they fit more into a larger mag. So he will get a full sized mag.

·
Registered
218 Posts
full sized mags with sleeves to mate up with the grip

looks tight, saw it in a magazine today at cabellas when i was shopping for a new rifle safe.

i want several. looks a bit big to have in the weapon while carrying, but the perfect mag for reloading or at the range.

when do they hit the street? that's what i want to know.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Parabellum9x19mm said:
full sized mags with sleeves to mate up with the grip

looks tight, saw it in a magazine today at cabellas when i was shopping for a new rifle safe.

i want several. looks a bit big to have in the weapon while carrying, but the perfect mag for reloading or at the range.

when do they hit the street? that's what i want to know.
whats this about a sleeve to mate up to subcompact to allow use of fullsize mag? i'd be interested, esp since i might buy xd-9 3" sc to go along with my xd-9 4".

saw a pic of something like that on xd-hs200.com , but doesnt say where it came from or where/when it will be available.

·
Registered
90 Posts
OD-XD said:
I havent seen this posted. I picked up a Shooting Times Magizine yesterday They did a Gun review On the XD9 Subby
Now springfield is including a 15 round hi cap mag in addition too the two it already comes with and a XD gear holster for the subby free. I just picked a subby up Dec. 17 so I called SA and there are shipping me the hi cap and the holster for free just the 6.95 shipping cost. There very nice people there.

www.shootingtimes.com

OD-XD
dont see it for the sub,add says service model,bet they send you the 15 round magazine. if so, i'd still use it. sure a grip extention sleeve be available soon.

but i did email SA and in fact, they are honoring the promotion to anyone who purchased xd pistol from dec 1 on. requires you send them proof of purchase and shipping cost, just as they did for you. i'll be faxing my stuff to them on monday, when i get back to work. reason they are honoring it, is because they failed in ad to state how to purchase the promotional package, which would have been to have dealer order pistol with a specific part #.

·
Registered
218 Posts
the Hi-Cap sub was the cover of the magazine, the article wasnt very good, but the pictures really got me excited.

the sleaves are the same texture and color as the grip of the XD (unless you have OD)

looks a little big for carry, but perfect for back up mag

i dont have a date for when they hit the street, i wish i did.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ok,that does clear up my confusion. yup, great time to get a sub, with sleeve becoming available. maybe get me a sub in febuary.

·
Registered
196 Posts
But do we know when these XD-Xtension sleeves are to be available? Or am I missing something in the thread?

Old School, AJames? Yall know anything about these yet?

Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have been waiting for these to come out for a while. I would like to try one out sometime. I do think that it seems a bit big for regular carry though, I would rather just get a service model, if the grip is about the same size anyway.

·
Registered
90 Posts
blkhawk303 said:
But do we know when these XD-Xtension sleeves are to be available? Or am I missing something in the thread?

Old School, AJames? Yall know anything about these yet?

Thanks!
spoke to SA, said it will be available in 4 to 6 weeks and are taking orders. but sleeve is sold only along with a fullsize magazine at cost of $44.95, yes sleeve is removable. no word on when a sleeve alone would be available.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the pic AJAMES I tried to just take a pic of the ad but that didnt work out. I also talk to SA today they just got the actual part Numbers for the sleeve and told me it will be 2-3 weeks before its on my doorstep

ONE-EYED-FATMAN this is what the AD Says

"Concealed carry doesnt get any better. For a limited time when you purchase any XD sub-compact pistol, we'll throw in two sub-compact magizines and an additional full-size, high-capacity, backup magizine. This magizine includes our XD-Xtension sleeve that effectivly extands the grip and fills your hand like a full-size frame. We'll also give you the ultimate place to carry your XD with the new XD-GEAR holster. This rugged, one-piece injection-molded holster has intergral accessory rails as well as height, cant and 360 rake adjustments."

"This is a limited time promotion. Hurry to your SA retailer before supplies run out"

OD-XD

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
OD-XD said:
Thanks for the pic AJAMES I tried to just take a pic of the ad but that didnt work out. I also talk to SA today they just got the actual part Numbers for the sleeve and told me it will be 2-3 weeks before its on my doorstep

ONE-EYED-FATMAN this is what the AD Says

"Concealed carry doesnt get any better. For a limited time when you purchase any XD sub-compact pistol, we'll throw in two sub-compact magizines and an additional full-size, high-capacity, backup magizine. This magizine includes our XD-Xtension sleeve that effectivly extands the grip and fills your hand like a full-size frame. We'll also give you the ultimate place to carry your XD with the new XD-GEAR holster. This rugged, one-piece injection-molded holster has intergral accessory rails as well as height, cant and 360 rake adjustments."

"This is a limited time promotion. Hurry to your SA retailer before supplies run out"

OD-XD
Thanks OD-XD. Boy, XD-Xtension sleeve... pretty fancy name for a piece of rubber.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts