Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its almost income tax time and I'm ready to make my first pistol purchase. I have some questions for you XD addicts.

1. Are the Heinie night sights that come installed from the factory good? They are what- two dots, you put one on top of the other? Semms like a simple idea for a ccw pistol.

2. Will the Pearce +2 grip extension work with the sc? I assume so because the base plate looks the same on all models. I've seen the hicaps for the sc. Thats a little too much.

3. Gun prices are outrageous in town. I think I am going to buy one online. Check out a couple of sights from other discussions. Is $499 with the Heinies the best I'm going to do?

4. I don't know a FFL dealer. Is there anyone out there in the DFW area that can help me?

I am so happy I found out about the XD and this forum. And I thought I was dead set on a Glock, now if I could just get an advance from Uncle Sam.
:roll: Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello and Welcome !!

I am a happy and satisfied owner of the XD 9 mm Sub Compact and you will not be disappointed with this pistol. I was deadset on getting the Glock 26 when looking for a carry piece, and thee XD felt so much better than the 26 hands down. The 26 is still a great gun mind you.

I had 9mm SC for almost a year now; 500 to 1000 rounds through it, and had only one malfunction with a FTE, or fail to eject. (I did have one stove pipe when the wife shot it, her first time shooting and she limped wrist it for sure)

Rest assured you are making a good solid choice in buying a XD 9 sub. This is my carry gun and I love shooting it, accurate, reliable and well made. Good luck and let us know when you bring her home.

Ed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looooves me my XD9 SC. Wise choice...you won't be disappointed! I've put about 400-450 rounds through mine, and haven't had a single FTF/FTE. Only thing I can suggest is to definitely get the grip extensions. Mine will be here next week.

It's taken the place of my CZ as my primary carry weapon, though the CZ is out tonight since I fired the rest of the XD's carry ammo yesterday at the range. :)

As for price, I spent a solid $490 for mine (tax included) when all was said and done. I bought mine brand-new without night sights. I think $499 is a fair price, seeing as how the price of these guns has been climbing as of late.

Have fun. :D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
You won't be unhappy with the subby, it has served me well as a CCW I prefer it over the G26 because of the grip safety the only thing I did was replaced the sights with TFO's and had the slide refinished (Armory Kote) had to have the slide done as it had some rust (search posts) Springfield did it for $8 s/h and while they had it I asked them to leave the sights out as they are a mother F%^$%# to get out and when I got her back I got a set from AJames to put in.
I have had a couple of FTE's over 2K rounds, not to bad as I can really rely on this to be there when I most need it as far as the mag ext or high cap mags I sure they will both work I chose not to because of the look I prefer very small and compact.
Remember what a pistol is used for "close up and personel" and stats say the average conflict will be 2-4 rnds at 10-15 ft.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome jgdean85!
Re magazines; no reason that you couldn't use the +2 extensions. Something else to consider: mags from the XD40(subcompact) will also work in the XD9 and they hold 13 rounds of 9mm. The Pearce grip extensions (pinky rest)make a great addition to the sub for those with larger hands.
Others will chime in directly with answers to your other questions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Instead of the pearce grip, I use full size 15rd mags.
Springfield is selling them now with a little base plate but
I just leave it the way it is, sticking out a little bit.

·
Registered
885 Posts
garyk said:
Welcome jgdean85!
The Pearce grip extensions (pinky rest)make a great addition to the sub for those with larger hands.
+1 on the welcome
+1 on the Pearce grip extensions. They really increase the 'feel' of control.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ques # 1: you will loive the heinies sights . very easy acuisition of the target. even with 60 yr old eyes..

Price sounds great. I paid $529 about 2 months ago and also got a couple of range passes thrown in.

You will love the SC It shoots like a dream. I have trouble putting it away to shoot the XD40 Service so now I shoot the 40 first. Then I spend the rest of the time with the SC...Fantastic gun!!!

Rikoshey :twisted:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Love my Sub-9. I also went out to buy a Glock 26 and came home with an XD instead. I paid $419 with plain sights.

Can't help on the plus 2s, I'm waiting for SA to release high capacity sub compact mags in 9mm. I'm in no big hurry, I have three 10 rounders now and am pretty happy with them.

Good luck and have fun.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
I'm waiting for SA to release high capacity sub compact mags in 9mm. I'm in no big hurry, I have three 10 rounders now and am pretty happy with them.
Same as me. The hi caps for the sub are probably just going to be 40 cal sub mags you can get now.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I was going to buy either a 9mm or 45 Glock sub, but I hated the slide release, especially after I bent my nail and cut my thumb. More importantly it doesn't have the ambidextrous mag release which I need. Someone on another site told me about the XD sub9. I liked it and bought it for $389 out the door with 3 mags and tactical nite sites. I got it for that price & with 3 mags because I bought it from LAPD academy store, obviously not available to general public. Love the gun and carry it ccw.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts