Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After being a Golck owner for 12 years, I just put a deposit on a XD-9 SC for my CCW carry gun! The local gunshop had a package deal on some guns they picked up at the SHOT show. In addition to the gun, it comes with holster 2 10rd mags and 1 15rd magazine that has an extension for $459 which sounded like a good deal.

The question:
I am lefty and the holster is right handed. The gunshop said SA has GREAT customer service and that I could send it into SA and they would exchange it for a lefthand model. Has anyone done this? What do you think of the quality of the SA holster? I might get a blade-tech (lefty) holster made and keep the free holster for weakside carry when carrying something larger strongside.

TIA

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
They only have right-handed holsters. I did hear that you can call Springfield's customer service and swap your right-handed holster for a full-cap mag though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
They swapped the holster for a magazine for me. The pistol I purchased did'nt come with the kit, so I sent them 6.95 shipping and handling. I don't know if they will let you send the holster back, I think the promo ended Jan 31.

·
Registered
539 Posts
jgdean85 said:
They swapped the holster for a magazine for me. The pistol I purchased did'nt come with the kit, so I sent them 6.95 shipping and handling. I don't know if they will let you send the holster back, I think the promo ended Jan 31.
Whoa... so i might be able to call up springfield and request the kit?? i just paid for mine and i don't think its the kit one so perhaps i can do that as well and see if they will take care of me. Cool!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Eric_Oh,

You're out of luck on hi-cap magazines, since your state legislators don't trust you with them. It's illegal for Springfield, or any other merchant to ship them into your state. I'm not even allowed to bring them into your state when I visit with my kids and grandkids.

Sorry,
Fred

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I'll see if they'll exchange it for a hi-cap magazine! I probably would have gotten another holster anyways, the XD gear holster seems kind of hard and tight. For free its OK, but I'd rather have a blade-tech or something leather. Haven't seen a sidearmor but hear those are really good as well.

By the way, I picked up my SC today! Just waiting for my CCW license so I can take her with me. I can't stop holding it. I have small hands and I can just get my pinky on the handle. I'm really glad I bought the XD instead of the G26.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Arnisandyz said:
Thanks for the info. I'll see if they'll exchange it for a hi-cap magazine! I probably would have gotten another holster anyways, the XD gear holster seems kind of hard and tight. For free its OK, but I'd rather have a blade-tech or something leather. Haven't seen a sidearmor but hear those are really good as well.

By the way, I picked up my SC today! Just waiting for my CCW license so I can take her with me. I can't stop holding it. I have small hands and I can just get my pinky on the handle. I'm really glad I bought the XD instead of the G26.
1) try the Galco Matrix - it's pretty awesome and fast;
2) gt the Pearce grip extension - your pinky will be firmly on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts