Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I bought my first springfield the other day and it happened to be a XD-9 with night sights and I love it. I am not used to these types of sights because I am used to the 3 red dot sights alot of guns have. (im a novice shooter) I love this gun but I cant seem to hit with it very well. I know its me and not the gun. When I aim it, am I supposed to line up the rear dot exactly with the front dot or do I line them up with the front dot raised slightly? thanks

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Line all 3 dots up in a straight line and then according to the manual, use the 6 o-clock hold, meaning, put the bullseye on top of the center dot. Now for my own personal sub, I line up all 3 dots and cover the bullseye with my center dot (front sight).

·
Registered
109 Posts
I find my point of impact is exactly where the front dot is, when lined up in a row with the rear sight. Make sure the rear sight is even on both sides and not shoved over left/right like mine was from the factory.

I also just found out (being new to XD ownership) that the gun is VERY sensitive to how you pull the trigger and type of ammo. If you have a bad flinch, it'll group about 8" at 10 yards. Also try and use CCI Blazers instead of WWB...more accurate.

·
Registered
81 Posts
+ 1 on the CCI ammo and I also like to use POI for a sight picture. Like Paper Tiger says, the XD trigger takes some getting used to due to the Glock-stye safety and the extremely heavy trigger pull. I just sent my 4" 9mm to Springfield Custom for a competition action job with a 3.5 lb. trigger pull. My SA 1911 has a 3.5 lb. pull and it really improved my accuracy with that pistol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just put Trijicon's on my XD 40 Tactical, and the 6 o'clock sight picture hits where aim. In other words, you have to aim dead on what you want to hit, at least with my gun you do.

Before the night sights my gun was shooting about an inch high with the 6 o'clock sight picture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts